+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ring around conch stretch

Ring around conch stretch

So I have been stretching my conch's now for a few years from 1.6mm to at the minute 9mm. I have always stretched slowly and never skipped sizes, I use concave tapers and Gorilla Glass conch plugs to stretch. I have got a ring around one of my conch stretches (see picture attached, apologies for my bad quality!) which appeared a few days after my latest stretch to 9mm, Im not sure if this is a blow out or hypertrophic scarring as ive never had either. Im really not sure what it is - I was wondering if someone could help me out?

I have been taking good care of it, doing SSS twice daily (1/4 teaspoon sea salt to 1 cup of boiled, warm water) and have begun to add a camomile tea bag to the salt water solution every other day in the hope that that may also help.

There is no seeping or puss and no bleeding, i have no pain or discomfort im just trying to figure out what the ring is and how I may get rid of it! I have always worn glass in my conches and this is much more comfy for me.
    Last edited by Shine; 06-24-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Stretching cartilage is a lot different than stretching a lobe. If I were you, I would consider removing the jewellery, letting it calm down, and getting it punched to the desired size. The issue is that cartilage is so rigid and has no place to go - even if you wait a year or more between stretches (1.6mm to 9mm in cartilage at a "normal" rate should have taken the better part of a decade), there is just no place for it to displace to if you stretch and stretch. 1.6mm to 9mm is a LOT - and a lot of tissue that has been displaced and perhaps it has finally collapsed.

I would remove all jewellery and contact a piercer about your options - if it's collapsed/liquefied/deformed tissue (or maybe just the excess skin), your best bet is to have it removed.

How quickly did you stretch? Ur supposed to wait about a year per size when stretching cartilage for the reasons that chirple said.

You don't want to fuck around with possibly deforming ur ears man. Just take it out.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Ring around the conch stretch
    Pocket full of O-rings
    Single flare
    Double flare
    We all stretch here

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Carry on.
    Lobes: 5mm Goal: 10-12mm, One Tattoo - More to come
    I didn't choose the beard life, The beard life chose me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimAffliction View Post
    Ring around the conch stretch
    Pocket full of O-rings
    Single flare
    Double flare
    We all stretch here

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Carry on.
    Please stay on topic and assist the OP if you're going to post.
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

I can't see the picture that you attached, but conch rings are quite common- they also can occur if you got your conch punched.

downsize! downsize! downsize!
    Current: 16g first | 2g seconds | 6g conch | left upper helix | left tragus | right snug | tongue | right labret | septum

How slowly? Cartilage is a bitch and a half to stretch which is why most people like to get it punched way closer to goal size. I also can't see the picture, so have no idea what you actually have there.

+ Reply to Thread