+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative ways to reduce scar tissue?

Alternative ways to reduce scar tissue?

Okay so, I sea salt soak everyday and massage each love for 4-5 mins with Jojoba oil. Is there anything else that I can do to help scar tissue?

You could build a time machine and use it to prevent yourself from undergoing the referenced scarring event.

Going without jewelry can help some in combination with massages. sea salt soaks have nothing to do with scar tissue.
    My name is Megan

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    You could build a time machine and use it to prevent yourself from undergoing the referenced scarring event.

Did somebody call for a doctor?

But in all seriousness patience is the only thing I can add to that list
    -Laura

I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams. - The Doctor

Current: Lobes 1/2 , 2nds 6g, Septum 6g, Bilateral nostril 18g, Philtrum 16g, Labret 16g, Tragus' 16g, 25.5 hours of tattoo work.

Future work: Ear pointing, 9 planned tattoos, 10g nipple piercing. Perhaps a conch punch.

Sea salt soaks won't be doing anything tbh. Time and massage work.

electronic massagers and oil. I know for facial scarring I have I was able to reduce it significantly more and much much faster than by hand with a battery powered massager. Clearly use a clean one
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

I can't figure out how to get rid of the scar tissue on the inside of my lip. I mean, I can live with it, and I have been for 3 years, but it's kind of annoying. The first time I got my lip pierced it had a cbr in it and it got caught on a friends hoodie.. and almost ripped right out of my face. that was like 3 years ago. I got it re pierced like 4 months ago and have a labret in it, but it almost got ripped out in a fight again and now it kind of looks like a crater on the moon.. if that makes sense. lol. It's tender. And it's gone down, but it's still annoying.. any ideas what to do? ahah.
    Active Piercings: 2g first lobe (right ear), 6g first lobe (left ear), 8g second lobe (right ear), 8g second lobe (left ear), 14g septum, 14g lower lip (left, re-pierced),20g Nose piercing (right side+left side), 16g helix (right ear, re-pierced),
    Retired Piercings: 16g helix (right ear, gunned), 16g helix (right ear, needled), Tongue web piercing 16g x2, 16g Smiley, 18g helix (right ear, needled), 14g Navel, 16g tragus (Right ear)

MonsterLover, I would say maybe a lip piercing isn't for you?

I've been using emu oil to massage away the scar tissue from having my lower lip pierced, and it's working pretty well.
    I think emu oil is best at breaking down scar tissue, probably better than jojoba. Before I got my emu oil, I was using pure cocoa butter. It helped a lot as well.
    Paige.
    I have: 7/16" lobes, 12g nips, 14g navel, 12g vch, 2x surface anchors
    2x 14g conch (l), 16g rook (l), 2x 14g helix (r) 16g daith (r)
    planning: some ink and more anchors
    my awesome collection
    tumblr

The oil doesn't break down the scar tissue, the massaging does.
    My name is Megan

+ Reply to Thread