+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ring around new earlobe punch

Ring around new earlobe punch

Today I removed the o-rings from my plugs for the first time since getting them punched at 3mm and stretched to 4mm on Dec. 21st. I just took them off to rinse off the buildup in the shower. Before I put them back on I got my husband to check the backs and he found this on the back of the left lobe. He says he's pretty sure it's fluid-filled. The right lobe looks totally normal.

This photo is going to be gigantic but I want it to be easy to see so, sorry! Any idea what this is, whether it will go away on its own, or what I should do if anything? I emailed the photo to my piercer with the same questions but figured more input can't hurt. Thanks all!

This is it. This is literally it. This is the sort of thing people do when they're having a good time.

cheetah
    You know what, it's a healing wound and punching and tapering is kind of traumatic. There is nothing to worry about or "solve". If this happens in 3 months, then you should think about what's going on.

I think it's fine evann
    Its a new piercing and tons of people get that bump thing on the back at first. Don't sweat it toots.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Thanks to you both I was pretty sure it was "normal" (as in, happens to a lot of people) but thought I would post it up and get some opinions anyway.

I heard back from my piercer within a couple of hours and she explained that because we had to adjust the placement slightly on this one, it is probably some of the old scar tissue just pushed to the side. She said it doesn't look like it's an issue and just to let it do its thing.

Love this forum <3
    This is it. This is literally it. This is the sort of thing people do when they're having a good time.

Senior Member The People's Poet's Avatar
    It looks all right to me, too! I'd keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't be too worried.
    ~ Kate

Oh, in 93, you could charm the bees' knees off the bees.

Have: 11mm lobes || 16g daith || 14g faux rook || 14g philtrum || 14g septum || 14g double nostrils || over 100 hours tattoo work

Just an update, for those who are curious and for, you know, posterity and whatnot. Huge picture is huge, and forgive the dry skin and blah blah. It's day 14 of healing.

Looks good! Sick of black colourfronts yet?
    Have: 7mm oval labret, 10mm lobes, 2 4mm conches, 1 2nd right lobe, 1 right helix, 1 right tragus, left nostril, 1,6mm philtrum, ittybitty tattoo on hip, dotwork flower mandala's on shoulders
    Had: tongue, some more 2nds left and right, second left nostril

Thanks, they do look better! And not quite yet, but soon. hehe

your lobe looks better, but what's up with where your ear attaches to your head? it looks like a patch of eczema... or a weird camera issue.

Intensely dry skin from being in a much drier climate for two weeks. I'm back in Bergen now so all should right itself within a couple of days.

+ Reply to Thread