+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing nose piercing for the first time?

Exclamation Changing nose piercing for the first time?

Hi! I'll try to make this as short as I can and if you guys want any more information just let me know I got my nose pierced a few months ago, I've been taking very good care of it and haven't got any infections, and today I'd like to change it for the first time as I have a job interview the day after tomorrow at a place that doesn't let their employees have any facial jewelry. I bought the 18g right bend quartz glass nostril retainer a while ago and I have three questions about changing my nose piercing...

1) How can I sterilise the retainer before I put it in?
    2) How can I thoroughly clean my nose piercing before changing it?
    3) I have a nose bone stud, I can pull the piercing out NEARLY all the way and it doesn't hurt, but when the little ball at the end of the stud hits my skin from the inside (hopefully that makes sense) it starts to hurt, how can I take it out as painfully as possible?

Thankyou if you read all of this and it would be awesome if you could help me out

Are you still having any crust or buildup around the piercing? Nose screws can be VERY tricky to maneuver if you're never changed the jewelry before, the fiddling may irritate it. I'd go to the place you had it pierced at, as long as its a reputable shop, and have them change it for you.

Edit: I would not go back to the place you had it pierced at if they pierced you with a friggin nosebone. Those are hard enough to get in and out in a healed piercing, let alone a fresh one, or one only a few months old. I'd go somewhere else and have them change the jewelry and leave the quartz screw in place for the remainder of healing.
    You can call me Chrissy.

I Have:
    1/2" lobes, 2g conches, 6g seconds, 18g nostrils, 12g nipples, 2g septum and 35 hours of tattoo work.

Thanks for replying!

Only a tiny bit of crust but it's just kind of dry skin because I do have dry skin on my nose especially since I can't put moisturisor on my nose piercing and I haven't gotten my hands on any emu oil yet :P And yeah I was going to go to a more professional place to get my piercing done but due to not being able to get there at the time and price I went to a less professional place, which was a bad idea as they pierced my nose with a gun BUT they did use disposable cartriges which is a plus, but at the time I had no idea that getting your nose pierced with a gun was so bad, I know I know I should have done more research D:

If I'm not able to get to the professional piercing place before my interview should I attempt to change it myself or just put a bandaid over my nose? xD

Why not just go as is and tell the interviewer that it can be easily removed and/or hidden if you get the job?

I feel like a bandaid would be really obvious, and you may not be able to change it on your own.
    Katie
    Current piercings: 7/16" lobes, 12g bridge, 8g septum, 14g labret, 12g nipples, 14g vch
    Retired piercings: 14g nipples, 10g seconds, 14g navel

I think it's really easy to change jewelry in the nostril (screws especially), but if you can hardly get the original jewelry out without hurting the piercing I don't think it's worth it.
    So either you get to the "more professional" place to get it swapped for you (they'll probably clean the jewelry for you), or you can mention that you're healing the piercing right now so you can't swap the jewelry yet.
    I am the Brickface.

x 9/16" lobes, previously scalpelled to 10mm
    x 8g septum
    x 14g double nostrils & nipples
    x 14g tongue
    x An arm and both legs sacrificed to artwork ~29hrs

-My deviantArt-
    -My Tumblr-

Why would the need professional.place seem like an ok.plan? Especially if they pierced your nose with a GUN. That's very much not professional, regardless of their "disposable.cartridges".
    You may need an actual.professoionals help.to.get the bone out. What material is it? Is cutting the end off a viable option if worse comes to worse?
    My name is Megan

I'd just like to note that I have the same retainer, it's just as obvious if not more so than a typical gem. When it's in, it looks like a fairly big blackhead...or just a hole. Kind of like wearing clear glass plugs, it doesn't really conceal it much at all except from the front. I've been told by my boss that she prefers my gemmed jewelry (though she's fine with any nose jewelry as long as it's not overly huge and tacky) over my retainer because a retainer looks kind of weird...a nose piercing with a small gem is very common and not usually offensive. I'd keep your current jewelry and explain that it CAN be hidden if need be, don't irritate your nose if you don't absolutely have too. Nose bones suck imo, when your nose is healed, I'd suggest switching to screws or labret styles, as far as stud jewelry goes, that's always been the least problematic in my case.

Right! How about one of these: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...roductID=4542? (You can pick some others with left or straight bend if that suits you better)
    I have one in black and you could hardly even see it unless you looked at it from the side where the piercing is. It's not much bigger than the hole and it's flat on the end that makes it very discreet. True on the glass retainer that it would show the hole pretty clearly. I suppose violet or amber would make for a more hidden appearance. If you want to attempt concealing it almost completely sometime in the future, maybe one of these screws with the top disc painted with a skin-colored nail polish would work. You could dab the polish slightly with your finger to make it look more matte like skin
    I am the Brickface.

x 9/16" lobes, previously scalpelled to 10mm
    x 8g septum
    x 14g double nostrils & nipples
    x 14g tongue
    x An arm and both legs sacrificed to artwork ~29hrs

-My deviantArt-
    -My Tumblr-

Hey everybody, thank you all so much for your help, but I actually had a warm shower and my nose piercing fell right out (into my hand) and I quickly put it back in, but then I realised that if my nose piercing was coming out and going in so easily I should try to put the retainer in now, so I quickly got out some methylated spirits, chucked the retainer in there, got it out, dried it off, and it slipped right in no problems!

The thought of having methylated spirits on my jewelry makes me cringe. Dried off or not. :[
    Hope you enjoy your new retainer
    My name is Lauren
    Current: 1/2" lobes, 14g seconds, 18g thirds, two 2g conch punches, 14g helix, 16g L/R nostrils, TINY starfish and heart tattoo

+ Reply to Thread