+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tattoos over scars new thread

tattoos over scars new thread

Hello. So I'm starting this new thread since the other one is closed.

I just wanted to post pictures of my scars as they are right now. Next Thursday I'm getting my first tattoo on my left arm. If the tattoo goes well (covers the scars) I'll save money to get the other arm tattooed. I'm tattooing the arm that has less scars first, just in case it doesn't go well. I must say I'm really scared about it, even paranoid. I'm afraid that the scars will be more visible after getting the tattoo.

Left arm.

Left arm, another view.

Right arm.

And that's it for now. I will post the results in two days!

That looks like the scaring I have on my arm and my wristlet tattoo covers them with no issue (mine are slightly more raised, but my artist worked around that by shading differently on those areas). I see no reason why it wouldn't work out. I'm going to be nosey and ask for after pictures once it's done; I love seeing other people's art if they are willing to share
    Piercings: 00g firsts, 16g seconds(R&L)/thirds(R&L), 14g nostril (L), 14g tongue

Retired: 16g eyebrow (R), 16g fourths (L), 14g navel (temporary)

Tattoos: 1 across shoulders, 2 chest, 3 left wrist, 1 right hip, 1 left hip, 1 left ankle, 1 right foot, 1 left foot, 1 left quarter-sleeve

Of course, no problem. My idea was to post the pictures of the tattoo so people will see if it covers the scars.

don't worry about it. those are 99% likely to be all but invisible once tattooed, especially if your artist is clever.

I always enjoy before-and-afters. I hope the tattooing goes well for you!
    What people are saying about me:
    "I'm sorry that you're so bitter."

6g lobes (goal 4g/2g). 14g right nostril, vertical labret, and left helix. 16g navel. two smallish tattoos.

i have one scar on my wrist that was raised quite a lot and was bright white in comparison to my skin, and my tattoo covered it entirely and also mostly accidentally. i didn't intend to have the tattoo cover the scar since it's just words, but when the artist laid down the stencil and one of the "t"s covered the scar totally, i wasn't complaining.

i'm sort of vaguely planning a thigh piece with the intention of camoflauging my much more numerous scars there, so i'm always interested to see how pieces over scars turn out!
    Christina ~ don't dream it, be it
    00g lobes, 6ga conch punches, 16ga tragus, 18ga nostril, 16ga rook. 2 tattoos on forearms.

I blog about dolls and nerdy things at Christina Articulates!

Hi! So finally I got my tattoo!! I'm really really happy with it. I didn't even have to change anything.

Here are the photos:

I don't have any more photos right now, so with this two pictures is hard to see the whole thing. I will upload more later.

I HAVE TO SAY, my biggest scar (left arm, see photos above) is totally covered and amb truly happy. The smaller scars are semi covered but none would notice them! I feel like now I can finally use my arm freely. I can't wait to get another tattoo on the other arm. I think september - october will be a good time.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me

*EDITED* I didn't know the pictures were so small. I'll try to upload bigger ones later.
    Last edited by habdabs; 06-21-2012 at 11:39 AM.

It's good to hear that you're so pleased with the results!
    Current Mods: 0g lobes, 4g seconds, 14g R third, 14g L orbital, 6g L conch, 14g L helix, 14g R tragus, 12g septum, 14g labret, 14g R nostril, tattoos on L wrist, L foot, R thigh, R calf x2.

I like the colors.
    What people are saying about me:
    "I'm sorry that you're so bitter."

6g lobes (goal 4g/2g). 14g right nostril, vertical labret, and left helix. 16g navel. two smallish tattoos.

New pictures:

Right now I have the arm a little bit inflamed.
    Last edited by habdabs; 06-21-2012 at 04:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread