+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changing microdermal top

Changing microdermal top

I've had my chest microdermal for several months now, and want to change the top. I bought a special tool to hold the post while I unscrew the top with microdermal forceps. Question is, which way does it unscrew from my view? I tried both ways, and it didn't budge. Any tips? I assumed it would unscrew to the right looking down at it since my other internally threaded jewelry does.

Righty tighty lefty loosey. Turn it to the left.

Edit: Also if it the first time it is being changed you should really have your piercer do it.
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. -Chuck Palahniuk

Ann I am.
    Yo tengo:
    7/16" lobes, 16g seconds, 16g Septum, 14g Navel, 14g Nipples, 2 Nape surface anchors, 16g upper frenulum (smiley) & roughly 50hrs of tattooing.

also try wearing rubber gloves which will help you get a better grip
    Current mods: 12mm lobes, 14g septum, 26 hours of tattoo work.
    Retired mods: 14g navel, 16g philtrum.

I did use gloves, and I have had it changed by a piercer the first time, this is the second and I want to do it myself since I'm in a different country.

Ahh I see well to the left w gloves. LOL
    Goodluck.
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. -Chuck Palahniuk

Ann I am.
    Yo tengo:
    7/16" lobes, 16g seconds, 16g Septum, 14g Navel, 14g Nipples, 2 Nape surface anchors, 16g upper frenulum (smiley) & roughly 50hrs of tattooing.

Since it's on your chest and facing away from you, you would turn it to your right.
    It's not infected. Stop touching it.

That's what I thought. Thanks

Also, try doing a warm soak before you change it. If its the first time changing it, its probably got some gunk that you cant see which will make it more difficult to turn the top off. Try holding the skin around it, and use the notched pliers to twist it a little bit at a time. You will be able to feel it when it is about to come off, like a slight tug, they put those things on extremely tight when they are first done.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfhayleygeez View Post
    Since it's on your chest and facing away from you, you would turn it to your right.
    What? It doesn't matter where it's located, you're going to turn it to the LEFT to loosen it...which is the same whether you're looking "down" on your chest or straight at it.

inchoate
    Saying "to the left" or "to the right" doesn't even make any sense in this context. It's a circle. The top half of it is turning to the right and the bottom half is turning to the left. It needs to go counterclockwise regardless of which way you're looking at it.
    Last edited by inchoate; 05-12-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: why am i doing this at 2 am

+ Reply to Thread