Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Shipping insurance? Really?

wh...what? Am I missing something? $1 for insurance is awesome.. Isnt it? I use it every time o_o. The smallest purchase I ever made was less than $10 and I still used it!

One dollar to make it easier for baf to track a lost package and ensure you get what you ordered? I think thats great. (or is that not how it works? )
    torture is torture and humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer.

I use it all the time as well! Mostly because I live overseas and I want to be absolutely sure I get my things. My orders are usually at values of $30-50 dollars, so I do feel like a dollar is a pretty good deal to insure my things! The shipping ridiculously cheap on its own so I don't mind paying at all
    I am the Brickface.

x 9/16" lobes, previously scalpelled to 10mm
    x 7ga septum (stretching from 8ga)
    x 14ga double nostrils & nipples
    x 12ga tongue (stretching from 14ga)
    x An arm and both legs sacrificed to artwork ~29hrs

-My deviantArt-
    -My Tumblr-

I don't get it? $1 for insurance is amazingly cheap and it gives piece of mind. As an international customer I always get it, especially as Royal Mail haven't been too good lately. If I send things with extra insurance it costs a lot more than the equivalent of $1!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PriestessLolo View Post
    But that's why BAF uses USPS basic mail with Delivery Confirmation/tracking. BAF can track the package which lets them or the customer know when it was delivered at its destination, so people can't really bullshit and pretend they never got it, unless there was a freak situation where the mail carrier updated it as delivered but didn't actually deliver it..
    the one and only issue ive ever had with BAF had this happen. it was also the first time in a long time that i decided i DIDNT need the insurance.
    the tracking said it arrived, but it wasnt there, and i have a closed mailbox, so no one but key holders can open it.

i called the local usps office, supervisor spoke with carrier, and the carrier said they dont recall a package. but the tracking was updated twice. both: out for delivery, and delivered. supervisor offered to search the warehouse for it, said she didnt find anything. 3 weeks later my package shows up. visibly opened via a blade, and neatly taped back up, luckily my things were still inside.

Yeah, they lost the trichro I ordered from BAF and someone totally stole my first pair of FF Pokéballs because you could tell that the envelope was ripped open. I don't get how carriers can have the balls to deliver a freaking empty/tampered with envelope.
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

my favorite was a package that had been run over (I'm assuming -- there were big tire treads on it) and a huge rip in the side. it came in a little plastic baggie that had a "USPS cares about your package" message printed on it. one of the two pairs of plugs I bought was missing; thankfully the package was insured so I didn't lose any money, but somewhere out there there's a pair of lost 8g IS trans silverblues. : ( : ( : (

obviously I was upset to not get the plugs, but it makes me really angry that I would have been out money if that package wasn't insured. I understand mistakes happen, etc. but when you have to put my package in a bag BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING WAS RIPPED OPEN WHILE IN YOUR CARE then I'm gonna say something got fucked up somehow.
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

Quote Originally Posted by sapphiredonna View Post
    my favorite was a package that had been run over (I'm assuming -- there were big tire treads on it) and a huge rip in the side. it came in a little plastic baggie that had a "USPS cares about your package" message printed on it. one of the two pairs of plugs I bought was missing; thankfully the package was insured so I didn't lose any money, but somewhere out there there's a pair of lost 8g IS trans silverblues. : ( : ( : (

obviously I was upset to not get the plugs, but it makes me really angry that I would have been out money if that package wasn't insured. I understand mistakes happen, etc. but when you have to put my package in a bag BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING WAS RIPPED OPEN WHILE IN YOUR CARE then I'm gonna say something got fucked up somehow.
    Oh God, I know, Royal Mail is awful. I did a custom order from GWS (stuff BAF doesn't carry) and when it arrived it looked like it had been chewed up by some kinda of machinery and had footprints on it, even though it was marked as containing glass!!!! It's things like that that make me pay that extra $1 for insurance. As it seems that sometimes the courier doesn't give a rat's ass.

I think this is the disconnect..

Quote Originally Posted by SixteenSaltines View Post
    I understand where y'all are coming from. Peace of mind for $1 isn't bad. But like margatron said, only 1/253 of their shipments were lost. Seems to me if it's such a rare occurrence it shouldn't be that big of a deal for BAF to replace the lost items for free...
    Quote Originally Posted by SixteenSaltines View Post
    All I'm saying is if they only ask $1 to replace your missing items, obviously it isn't that big of a deal to them..
    Do you know how insurance works? It's not that BAF is replacing their items for $1, and would otherwise just replace them for free.. the money isn't going to BAF, and, trust me, they value their product more than that.

The $1 goes to USPS. When a package is lost, which is rare, and insurance was purchased on it, the USPS reimburses BAF for the amount of money that the USPS lost. That's how BAF can afford to replace your items. They aren't just giving things away.
    My name is Amy. I feel bad for people who try to type out my screen name... ;}

5/8" lobes, a bunch of holes and a decent bit of ink.

This has runs it's course...

Closed Thread