+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hypertrophic scar - hydrogen peroxide - help!!

Hypertrophic scar - hydrogen peroxide - help!!

Okay, so I've had a nasty bump by my inner conch, due to too-long jewelry. So, tonight I started to try to do the hydrogen peroxide method.

I wet down a qtip with hydrogen peroxide and held it against the bump. It started sizzling right away, so I thought "Hey neat, it must be working!" I took the qtip away to see what was happening, and it was bright red and raw looking. I put I clean, dry qtip against it, and when I took it away it was bloody!

I got nervous and stopped, because I had never heard that it bled. Has anyone else done this method? Is it supposed to bleed? It didn't hurt at all, and right now it just burns a tiny bit.

Here is picture - not very good, sorry. It's not really this red. Just tone down the red, like 50%. I'm not sure what the hell happened with the coloring in this photo.

Just reassure me that I didn't just break my ear.
    Current : 1g lobes, 12g L inner conch, 12g septum, 1 tattoo

Goals : 0g lobes, much more tattoo work

That is a heck of a scar. I had bumps maybe 1mm wide on my rook and daith and used hot compresses and hydrogen peroxide to zap them. Honestly, yes, they did fizz and turn white, then bleed and crust up and flake off. I don't know if this is normal or healthy, but the scars are gone and have never returned.
    15mm and 16g lobules, 7g scaphoid fossa, 16g crura of antihelix, 16g crus of helix, 14g cavum concha, 8g columella, 16g frenulum linguae, 14g superior umbilicus, artificial pigmentation of the dermis

Ouch. impo. is leave it alone until its not so.raw and angry then try tto
    Why don't you get proper.fitting jewelry?
    My name is Megan

It is still fairly new, and this is the initial jewelry. Once my piercer gets the proper sized barbell in stock, I'll be getting it changed out.

Quote Originally Posted by odessa View Post
    That is a heck of a scar. I had bumps maybe 1mm wide on my rook and daith and used hot compresses and hydrogen peroxide to zap them. Honestly, yes, they did fizz and turn white, then bleed and crust up and flake off. I don't know if this is normal or healthy, but the scars are gone and have never returned.
    It is pretty big. :/ It concerned me because it pretty much started bleeding straight off.

Definitely get shorter jewellery in there. How old is the piercing?
    15mm and 16g lobules, 7g scaphoid fossa, 16g crura of antihelix, 16g crus of helix, 14g cavum concha, 8g columella, 16g frenulum linguae, 14g superior umbilicus, artificial pigmentation of the dermis

Hummmm, I was going to say a month old, but it's actually 2 months! Yikes!

I'm going to say that it's mechanical. You might need to downsize twice - once to minimize movement around the scar, then again once the scar is small or gone. Get to your piercer, and good luck!

And even if you happen to remove the scar with the H2O2, it would probably come back until you eliminate the stress.
    7/16" lobes; and various others.

I would not do hydrogen peroxide again.
    My name is Megan

cheetah
    Hydrogen peroxide usually makes scar tissue look worse before it looks better. It can cause redness and blistering before actually working. it can be really effective but I recommend that it is carried out by a medical professional.

+ Reply to Thread