+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Infected Cartilage Piercing? Help!

Infected Cartilage Piercing? Help!

I really don't know what to do here, I got my cartilage piercing maybe a month and a half or two months ago and the back side of it is really swollen and red. I'm thinking it's infected, it doesn't look like normal swelling to me. What's the best thing to do here? I really don't want to take it out, is there any way to help it heal?
    "Lets get together and feel alright"

what type of jewerly are you wearing in it & what did you get pierced with? is it discharging any yellowish/green fluid with a bad smell? if you're for sure certain that it is an infection, then you should see your doctor asap as infected cartilage can turn nasty fast.
    currently: 6g first lobes; 14g second & third lobes; 14g industrial (L); 14g helix (R); 18g nostril (L); 12g navel; 16g tragus (R)

possibly: back tattoo; 14g tongue; 16g tragus (L); 18g nostril (R); 14g conches

well i love you so much, but do me a favor baby, don't reply. 'cause i can dish it out but i can't take it.

Don't take it out if you think it's infected (unless perhaps the jewelry is embedding?). In any case, if you're thinking it's infected, you should go to your doc and get anti-biotics.

Is there any (abnormal) discharge? Abnormal amounts of pain? More swelling than you'd think normal?

Not sure if you saw it, but this is a really recent thread on the consequences of untreated cartilage piercing infections: http://forums.bodyartforms.com/showt...this-on-my-ear
    Mods I have: 2g earlobeholes (R/L), 14g Industrial (L), 3x 12g helix piercings (R), 12g Nipples (R/L), and an 8g Septum.

Retired: 14g seconds (R/L), 20g thirds (R/L), 20g fourth (L), helix/cartilage project (R), and 16g Upper Lip Frenulum.

Things:
    - My collection (more or less, anyway).
    - My art Tumblr.
    - Personal Tumblr.

My name is Kat.

Don't take it out. The jewelry will help the infection drain. If it's truly infected you need to go to a doctor. Is it hot? Is there foul smelling puss? Is there pain?

Definitely more swelling than I consider normal, the back is like swallowing the jewelry. It was pierced with a 16g straight barbell. As for discharge, I've only felt discharge on it twice, I think it was mildly yellow, not green at all. The back just doesn't look normal to me, that's why I'm worried it's infected. Would it help to start cleansing it with provon instead of softsoap?

omg that infection you linked was horrible!! My ear isn't anywhere near that huge at all! the front hole is completely fine but the back is a little swollen looking.

Possibly. The softsoap could be too harsh and irritating it. You should go back to your piercer and get it switched to a longer barbell and they will also be able to tell you if you need to see a doc (if they have any sense).

Do you have pictures, perhaps?

I feel like you should see a doc anyway.
    Mods I have: 2g earlobeholes (R/L), 14g Industrial (L), 3x 12g helix piercings (R), 12g Nipples (R/L), and an 8g Septum.

Retired: 14g seconds (R/L), 20g thirds (R/L), 20g fourth (L), helix/cartilage project (R), and 16g Upper Lip Frenulum.

Things:
    - My art Tumblr.
    - Personal Tumblr.

My name is Kat.

I also have a tiny horseshoe one in the same size, i switched it to that just now, it's much more comfortable. I've been trying to take a picture but it's really difficult on my cellphone to photograph the back of my ear. But the back definitely does have a small bubble, I'm assuming it's developing some sort of infection?

Not sure if I did this image code right, but you can see the back has a bubble around it. I'm going to the doctors for it tomorrow anyways.

seems like you linked to your e-mail. needs to be from photobucket, flickr, tumblr, etc...

Things:
    - My art Tumblr.
    - Personal Tumblr.

My name is Kat.

+ Reply to Thread