+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vertical top lip piercings

Vertical top lip piercings

I saw pictures recently of this guy with a vertical piercing at either side of his top lip. Sort of like vertical angelbites. I'll post the pictures for clarification.

I've never really seen this done before, but I really like it and I'm considering having something similar done in a few months. I'm wondering how exactly it's done, and if there are any complications with it? I'm worried that it might be uncommon for a reason.

I've seen vertical lower lips on the sides, and vertical center top lips. I suspect that if you have enough meat there (do you have plump lips?) you could pull it off, but you'd have to talk to a quality piercer about it.

With regard to those pictures, it looks to me more like he has two top lip piercings and is wearing circular barbells in them.
    What people are saying about me:
    "I'm sorry that you're so bitter."

6g lobes (goal 4g/2g). 14g right nostril, vertical labret, and left helix. 16g navel. two smallish tattoos.

glitterfiend
    To me it kind of looks like he's wearing circular barbells through normal upper lip piercings. The angles of the ends do not say curved barbell to me. I can't tell if it's a shadow or what, but the outer exit holes look kind of sad and/or angry.

Some other members will have to come along and tell you whether such a vertical upper lip piercing would be possible (I know a vertical philtrum is possible, but I don't know if the structures on the sides somehow make a vertical piercing impossible). I just don't think the guy in this picture has that kind of piercing.

ETA: Margatron, you so speedy!!
    Last edited by glitterfiend; 04-08-2012 at 11:25 PM.

That definitely looks like two monroe piercings with CBB's in them. I've seen vertical off-center upper lip piercings before, too. It's definitely doable, but probably is better for fuller upper lips.
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

Thirding they look like circular barbells, but I do have a friend who has vertical upper lip piercings (as well as a vertical philtrum) and I believe healing for her has been fine. She has a very full upper lip if that makes a difference.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Thanks guys. You're so helpful. <3 I'm guessing regular lip piercings with circular barbells would be much simpler than vertical? The only thing I would be concerned about would be them hitting against my teeth. I have quite a thin upper lip so maybe that would rule out vertical anyway. Would circular barbells feel very awkward in my mouth?

edit: I do see the curves in the picture now - in my mind it was going straight through his lip with just a slight curve :L
    Last edited by yinfaitl; 04-08-2012 at 11:44 PM.

I think it would feel awkward to wear circular barbells in regular monroes. I used to have an off-center lower lip piercing and it felt awkward even to wear a ring in it. I think labrets would look good in the upper lip, too, if the circs didn't work out.
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

glitterfiend
    You'd have to try them. Also, you'd have to heal them with labret studs and let them heal reeeeally well before you try rings. You might also want to tell your piercer you intend to wear rings so he/she can place them accordingly.

There's always these type of rings, but I have no iea if they even work in regular lower lip piercings, let alone upper lip piercings.

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

8 holes, 14 retired, 1 tattoo

Photography/Facebook

cheetah
    A friend of mine has two vertical monroes. They're great!

+ Reply to Thread