+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split tongue piercing, what do?

Split tongue piercing, what do?

So a tongue bar at 16mm, i've had it for about a month, either it's too big for my tongue or my tongue is too small, the top of my bar is resting against the top of my tongue, which is causing a split to appear. It's not all the way through, it's just the top layers on my tongue.
    I don't know whether to go smaller with my tongue bar, leave it alone completely or just take the damn thing out. ;.;

Help please??
    Body mods; lobe piercings x 6 two of which are stretched to a 6mm and another to a 2mm, ear cartilage x 1, 16g septum, 16g medusa, 14g snakebites and nose pierced on the left, plus right nipple 14g, tongue pierced. ;D

"You make me melt like a hot fudge sundae."

Are you wearing a bar that's 16mm long or a plug that's 16mm wide?

Edit:
    Upon reread you're obviously wearing a barbell. What gauge is it? Did you go back to your piercer for a downsize after the initial swelling went down?

It's a bar that's 16mm long, i'm pretty sure it's a 14 gauge and stupidly? I didn't go back to get it changed. He kept brushing me off, or he wasn't there and the long bar he originally put in was getting too uncomfortable and caught on everything so i was getting pretty restless.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24ebyo6.jpg - My tongue. When i spread it out it looks like a massive dent, it's deeper at the front the big circle around the back doesn't worry me as much.
    Body mods; lobe piercings x 6 two of which are stretched to a 6mm and another to a 2mm, ear cartilage x 1, 16g septum, 16g medusa, 14g snakebites and nose pierced on the left, plus right nipple 14g, tongue pierced. ;D

It's definitely time to find a new piercer. Once you downsize the length some of that trauma may be repaired.

So i should go down to a 14mm?

Since I'm just looking at photos over the internet I won't be able to tell you. Your new piercer will be able to determine an appropriate size for your tongue.

Yeah, i'll get in touch with someone soon. It's worrying me too much to just leave it like that.
    Thankyou for your advice. (:

+ Reply to Thread