+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preferred VCH jewelry?

Preferred VCH jewelry?

I've had my VCH piercing for a long time, but I've never changed the jewelry. I was pierced with a 14g CBR. For those ladies with this piercing, what type of jewelry do you prefer? I was thinking of changing the jewelry to a curved barbell, but then I found something called a "twister." I would imagine the barbell is a safe bet (lol), but are there any experiences with the twister? I like the look of it, but I have a feeling it would be, um, impractical. Any thoughts?

Hello fellow NC person

I would imagine that a "twister" (is that like the twists that BAF sells?) would have a higher chance of getting caught on things, and the thought of wearing one makes me nervous... I currently wear a curved barbell, but it's a little too long and I plan on getting the jewelry changed to a shorter one. You can try a CuBB and see if you like it, and experiment with different lengths and ball sizes and stuff. And if you've had your piercing for a while, it's possible that it's stretched a bit, so you can see if you can fit in other gauges as well, which would affect feeling and aesthetics.
    0g firsts, 16g seconds, 16g helix 2 (R); 6g septum, 18g nostril (L); 12g nipples; 12g VCH; 12g IL 4.

Personally I've tried curved barbells & captive bead rings in mine.
    Currently I have a 12g 5/16" cbr in mine and I love it.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Don't forget about straight barbells! A lot of clients have said that between a curved and straight, a straight has more.. functionality? Just try different jewelry and see what you like best. Also, as xenoamorist said, you may want to consider stretching a size or two. I know most shops won't pierce with anything smaller than 12g.
    "What a fucked up bunch of people we are LOL" -Petra

I agree that a twister may get snagged on underwear. Also could move awkwardly, but you never know until you try it! Let us know what you think if you do try it =]
    I has: 1" primary lobes; 20g pinna x3; 20g thirds; 14g scaffold industrial; 14g tragus; 18g/16g forward helics x3; 10g helix; 14g sternum microdermals x3; 14g horizontal nipples; 14g VCH
    1 tattoo: Grayscale wooden fermata

I want: 0g conch punch; 14g conch; 18g forward helix; 16g snug; 16g daith; 12g philtrum; 18g nostril x3; 12g septum; 16g surface anti-brow x2; 16g eyebrow x2; 14g bridge

Retired: 14g septum; 14g conch; 16g lip; 0g seconds.

I like snow cones and serious is boring.

Okay, I'm back with an update. I ordered the cutest 12g curved barbell assuming the piercing had stretched a bit. No. Not at ALL. I mean nada. So, for the time being, I'm rocking a 14g straight barbell. It's definitely different, lol. From my short experience with it, I prefer the barbell over the CBR. Thanks for the advice, ladies!

A bit of stretching advice...would it be advisable to go to a 12g? I've had the 14g forever with no troubles, and I'd prefer to avoid baring it all to a piercer to have it stretched if it's not really necessary!

how long have you had it?
    I had mine for about 5 years and stretched it to a 12g recently and it just went right in.
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

I've had it for almost 3 years! I thought going to a 12g would be a piece of cake.

Maybe it was having difficulty getting over the opening of the curved barbell?
    I stretched ming with a cbr and it's rounded where the bead snaps in.
    Maybe try with one of those? Or try with a taper? Or go to your piercer and ask them to check it out/stretch it?

+ Reply to Thread