+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When should my nostril piercing stop hurting?

When should my nostril piercing stop hurting?

So I got my nostril pierced 9/10. It still hurts! When is it supposed to stop. I got pierced at I think a 16.

Its only 5 days old... Itll take a little while to feel better. I only had mine pierced for a few months and they hurt the entire time.

Yeah, I figured it'd be awhile--but it's been ages since I had a new piercing, and this is my first non-earlobe piercing, so I really have no idea of the time.

Mine were sort of achey for the first week if I moved my nose/touched it. Pain without touching or moving my nose only lasted about a day (mainly on one side for whatever reason). Everyone is different though, so if you aren't fiddling with the jewelry or anything like that, I'd just give it time.

Both times I got a nostril pierced it was sore for a good week or two. It wasn't that bad, but if I flexed my face, sneezed or anything that caused my nose to scrunch up it hurt during that period.
    -Dave

Currently have: 2 18g lobes, 18g left nostril, 6g septum, 2 12g vertical nipples and 6g Apadravya.

Hijacking- sorry in advance. I just didn't feel right about starting a new thread on the same thing. I hope that's alright!
    I just got mine done a week ago, and it hurt more than my other ones (ears, gunned as a kid; tragus, navel) which surprised me. I wish he'd used a stud to pierce it, but he only does hoops. It seems like the same gauge as my navel! Of course, the day after, I got a little head cold, and it bothers me only a teensy bit when I have to blow my nose, but not when I sneeze. It DOES hurt on its own, though, so I take ibuprofen 1-2x a day if I need to. No bumps, no heat, red spots or infection, though. I'm 'hands off' and LITHA.
    I'm unclear about when I can change the ring to a stud, though. I've heard people say a few weeks, my piercer said 6-8, and others have said 6 months.

It's cartilage; I would wait 6 months.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

Mine hurts less, but still hurts like hell and bleeds a ton if I smack it in my sleep.
    Should have gone with a stud in retrospect. Oh well!
    It doesn't seem to be leaking lymph as much anymore, but I still get blood crusties.
    I did a good long SSS today, and then a sw compress. Hopefully that helps.

Ok, I still have crusty build up from lymph fluid, and I ended up smacking it good in my sleep and it scabbed over, and when I tried to remove crusty lymph build up the scab ripped open. -_- This has happened three or four times now. Maybe I just need to leave the crusties alone.

Going to try lishd's LIMA method and see if that helps, because the current situation sucks, and is the reason I retired my third lobe piercings.

EDIT: Does anyone have any tips for de-boogering a healing nose? Or de-boogering a nose ring without damaging your fistula? I feel so embarassed.
    EDIT THE 2ND: I'm pretty sure I'm going to have scarring--I do on my 2ndary lobes. I read there is a risk of deafness using Hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the scar tissue--is there a risk of inosmia with using it on a nostil piercing?
    Last edited by jebbewocky; 10-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Just for anyone doing a search--my nose is now feeling much, much better. I left it alone, except for gently removing crust after a shower, and boogies when needed (the key is to only blow in the shower). It's been a month or so, and my nose is now so much improved that I'm considering getting my septum or other nostril done.

+ Reply to Thread