+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Friendship bracelet exchange; or, "this is redic"; or, Ann's still invited anyway <3

Friendship bracelet exchange; or, "this is redic"; or, Ann's still invited anyway <3

Title explains it all. We're going to exchange some fucking bracelets and it's going to be awesome and we're going to be best friends FOUR LYFE. For more information on how this idea came to fruition, click this the lulzfest here.

The benefits of a friendship bracelet exchange are as follows:
    1) Cheap (a few dollars for one bjillion yards of embroidery floss/thread at the local craft store.)
    4) Uncomplicated (the basic friendship bracelet is one knot tied a hundred times and still looks awesome.)
    7.6) Not a big time commitment (you can make one in 30 minutes or so while you watch TV.)
    e) The cheapest to ship (I think they can be mailed, surrounded in a piece of folded paper, in a regular letter envelope.)

I figured instead of one-on-one exchanges we could do a big circular frisking of friendship. So I would send one to Ro, Ro would send one to Rodger, Rodger would send one to Michael Wong, and Michael Wong would send a chicken McNugget to Petra, and Petra would eat it and get food poisoning. And then send one to me.

I'll post tutorial videos as soon as I find some (god forbid I actually have to make one myself.) Everyone's invited! But not really, I reserve the right to refuse forum trolls and people I just generally don't like; don't let that discourage you from at least signing up! I'd love to make some new friends via this exchange. =)
    Last edited by omnipotato; 09-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

My only stipulation is that I will not send a bracelet to someone who is not my friend. I don't want to cheapen the ~deep meaning~ behind these.

A friendship bracelet once saved my life. I fell off a cliff and my arm caught on a branch. Nine hours later I was rescued by a wandering hippie. We are still pen pals to this day.

I learned how to make something like this in Spanish class my sophomore(?) year. They were bad ass. Someone stole mine off my desk when I took it off to readjust a loose end.

I'm in. Friendship bracelets are awesome!
    Katie
    Current piercings: 7/16" lobes, 12g bridge, 8g septum, 14g labret, 12g nipples, 14g vch
    Retired piercings: 14g nipples, 10g seconds, 14g navel

Haha thanks Blake but that thread was redic!!!

It was ridiculous, and went on for far too long.

Blake, 1, 2, 3, 3!

This is adorable, but I'm going sit this one out as I have zero creativity in me, and want to buy a crap ton of yard/string for one bracelet. lol You kids have fun! Post photos! <3
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

Quote Originally Posted by wissabo View Post

Blake, 1, 2, 3, 3!

This is adorable, but I'm going sit this one out as I have zero creativity in me, and want to buy a crap ton of yard/string for one bracelet. lol You kids have fun! Post photos! <3
    Fixt.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

hahaha I'm giggling like a child. I <3 you.
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

Quote Originally Posted by wissabo View Post

Blake, 1, 2, 3, 3!

I could make one on your behalf. As I'm a macrame ninja, and have no friends.
    0.602 posts per day
    "Some older ladies can't resist a tinge of ginge. Keep looking." - Axon

Facebook

I'm in. But I will make massive, unnecessarily complicated friendship bracelets.
    What people are saying about me:
    "I'm sorry that you're so bitter."

6g lobes (goal 4g/2g). 14g right nostril, vertical labret, and left helix. 16g navel. two smallish tattoos.

+ Reply to Thread