+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New piercing and itching...advice please!

Banned

New piercing and itching...advice please!

How do you combat itching in a new/healing piercing? I got my rook pierced on Tuesday and it itches like crazy! I know that it's a sign of healing and that I shouldn't scratch...so how do I deal with it?

SSSing always seems to help me.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.
    www.babypietattoo.com - Instagram - Fanpage - Tumblr

Tapping on the helix of your ear may help, its not touching the piercing but it is a way of alleviating the itch.

I also found putting a little bit of lavender oil on my helix area would also relieve some of the itching. Just dont touch the piercing or get the oil on it.
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

Banned
    I've tried SSS, they feel good, but don't do much for itching. I'll try the tapping though.

A real SSS, or a pseudo-soak with a washcloth?
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.
    www.babypietattoo.com - Instagram - Fanpage - Tumblr

Banned
    Both. As I said...feels good, but doesn't help the itching.

But a compress rather than regular soak is what my piercer recommended anyway, so that's what I do generally.
    Last edited by KeepOnSingin; 07-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Your piercer is wrong and so are you.

Keep those compresses away from your piercings. This is why you have problems.
    If I want your opinion I will give it to you.

Is this about your new rook? I feel like you could have continued that thread, but whatevs... I agree that compresses aren't good. Just let it itch...take a benadryl if it's really that bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SorrowsEnd View Post
    Your piercer is wrong and so are you.

Keep those compresses away from your piercings. This is why you have problems.
    I trust my piercer 100%. I also don't have problems. I have itching. New piercings itch...therefore, no problem.

And the problems that I had with my helix had nothing to do with my piercer, they were from outside circumstances...me running into a mesh fence, and me wresting with a 4 year old boy and somehow twisting the CBR and popping the ball out during that.
    Last edited by KeepOnSingin; 07-23-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Whenever my nostril piercings itched too terribly, I stuck my nose under warm running water.

+ Reply to Thread