+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thick Earlobes

Thick Earlobes

Soo I'm pretty sure this has been posted before - I'm new so maybe its time to re-link or repost

ANYWAY. I have naturally thick earlobes and since I started stretching its always been a little tough to go up sizes. I'm at 00 and going to 7/16 and I was trying to put a taper in (obviously with a lubricant) but it was too tough and I stopped because they were getting a little swollen and I don't want a blowout or tearing.

Is there a better way to stretch stubborn thick ears besides hot showers to make them stretchier?

thanks!

Massage dem lobies!
    Seriously, oil massages will really help. You can use skin-safe oil (emu, jojoba, vit. e, naked oil, etc) to rub in daily. It breaks down scar tissue caused by piercing, and that makes skin softer and stretchier.

Awesome! thank you for the advice! :3 <3

No problem!
    BAF sells all of those oils (except vit. e). I personally recommend the emu and naked oil. But everyone has different tastes.
    You kinda have to experiment and see what suits you most.
    Good luck!

perfect! thank you

At the point you are at, it may be easier to use tape rather than stretching with a taper.

There is a sticky thread with all the info, but essentially, you wrap one of your 00 plugs with teflon tape (you can find it for $1 at hardware stores in the plumbing aisle) then lubricate it well (with one of the oils mentioned above) and put it in. You add a layer or two when your ears are ready for it, until you reach the next size.

Also, since you are at 00, the plugs you have could be anywhere from 9mm-10mm, if you have 9mm in rather than 10mm, the stretch to 7/16(11mm) is a larger jump.
    Katie
    Current piercings: 7/16" lobes, 12g bridge, 8g septum, 14g labret, 12g nipples, 14g vch
    Retired piercings: 14g nipples, 10g seconds, 14g navel

+ Reply to Thread