+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How bad should a nose piercing bleed?

Scranton PA

How bad should a nose piercing bleed?

My friend got her nostril pierced and after it was done there was quite a bit of blood. I have gotten a few piercings before and this blood seemed excessive. Is it normal?

Tallahassee, FL
    People are just different...

I've witnessed a lot of piercings, and I've seen a lot of blood and no blood at all. Hell, when I got my nostril pierced, the first one bled and the second one didn't.
    Also, I know a lot of piercers do step-down for nostrils, where you use a larger needle than the jewelry size. That can cause some extra bleeding.

Your friend could be a bleeder. I agree with Hayley, it's different for everyone and even then different for each body part for the same person. As long as there's clotting occurring, I wouldn't worry about it.

RO: I've never left poop on someone's dick.

Victoria, BC
    My first nostril piercing didn't bleed at all. My second one bled a tiny drop, hardly enough to notice.
    The third one poured blood like a faucet, it was weird. So long as you clot up decently quickly, I don't see it as an issue.
    22-year-old student. Interested in all things related to body modification.
    I spend a lot of time studying microbiology. I've been known to spontaneously vanish from the forums for months or years at a time.

I have some things:
    Bilaterial nostrils - 18g
    Septum - 8g
    Tongue - 14g
    Bilateral lips ('snakebites') - 16g
    VCH - 10g
    Earlobes - currently odd, in-between sizes. On a journey back to 0g and potentially beyond
    1 tattoo around my left lower leg.

I'm Taylor, if you're wondering.

Something else to consider aside from some people just bleeding more, is some medications are blood thinners as well.

When I got mine done I didn't bleed at all (until two days later when I woke up with blood around one, woops?).

Columbus, OH
    Vitamin E also thins blood, so if your friend is taking it as a supplement, that could also be a factor.
    0g firsts, 16g seconds, 16g helix 2 (R); 6g septum, 18g nostril (L); 12g nipples; 12g VCH; 12g IL 4.

Behind the computer!
    I have personally never seen one bleed much like a drop or two. Your friend could be a bleeder or the piercer could have hit something.

+ Reply to Thread