+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How bad should a nose piercing bleed?

How bad should a nose piercing bleed?

My friend got her nostril pierced and after it was done there was quite a bit of blood. I have gotten a few piercings before and this blood seemed excessive. Is it normal?

People are just different...

I've witnessed a lot of piercings, and I've seen a lot of blood and no blood at all. Hell, when I got my nostril pierced, the first one bled and the second one didn't.
    Also, I know a lot of piercers do step-down for nostrils, where you use a larger needle than the jewelry size. That can cause some extra bleeding.

Your friend could be a bleeder. I agree with Hayley, it's different for everyone and even then different for each body part for the same person. As long as there's clotting occurring, I wouldn't worry about it.
    /shrug

RO: I've never left poop on someone's dick.

My first nostril piercing didn't bleed at all. My second one bled a tiny drop, hardly enough to notice.
    The third one poured blood like a faucet, it was weird. So long as you clot up decently quickly, I don't see it as an issue.
    21-year-old student. Interested in all things related to body modification. Blah blah blah, insert attempt to seem unique and/or witty here.
    I spend a lot of time studying microbiology. I've been known to spontaneously vanish from the forums for months or years at a time.

I have some piercings and I'd like to get some tattoos. What piercings I have is currently variant to conform to safety codes at my place of work. Things should go back to normal when I'm done there.

I'm Taylor, if you're wondering.

Something else to consider aside from some people just bleeding more, is some medications are blood thinners as well.

When I got mine done I didn't bleed at all (until two days later when I woke up with blood around one, woops?).

Vitamin E also thins blood, so if your friend is taking it as a supplement, that could also be a factor.
    0g firsts, 16g seconds, 16g helix 2 (R); 6g septum, 18g nostril (L); 12g nipples; 12g VCH; 12g IL 4.

I have personally never seen one bleed much like a drop or two. Your friend could be a bleeder or the piercer could have hit something.

+ Reply to Thread