+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird sore?

Weird sore?

D:
    Last edited by easyluckyfree; 12-30-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Pictures of your healthy and unhealthy lobe would probably help.
    We just want our hermitry to stay and our coffee to go.

I don't have a ton of experience with larger size stretches, but it isn't totally unusual to have a bad reaction to a material in one piercing and not in another. Especially if it's a mechanical problem (silicone can be too drying for some) instead of an allergy. One ear is often more sensitive than the other, and if that ear just has a weak spot or something, it might be too much for it. I would try wearing glass and see if your ear still gets irritated.

As afrostache said, people will be able to help you better with pics.
    What people are saying about me:
    "I'm sorry that you're so bitter."

6g lobes (goal 4g/2g). 14g right nostril, vertical labret, and left helix. 16g navel. two smallish tattoos.

I unfortunately don't have access to a camera right now, but my ears do not look any different which is why I'm confused. However I've had nothing in them and the 'bad' ear has gone back to normal. In a couple days I might experiment and see what happens if I wear silicone again, but I'm thinking this is the cause. Glass for me I guess

What brand of silicone jewelry are you using? A lot of cheaper silicone jewelry is rather low quality and has impurities that can cause irritation. I tried a pair of silicone tunnels from Hot Topic, their selection is pretty craptastic but every now and then there are some hidden jems in their stock, my ears hated it. I now know that if it isn't Kaos my ears won't have it. I also have much better results with the parylene coating.
    Lobes: 7/8"
    Double Lebrets: 8g
    Frenum : 6g
    Outer(L) Calf Scarification of a Weeping Willow, Inner(L) Calf scarification Heart and Dagger flash.
    Lyric tattoos on both thighs.
    Retired: frenlum, nipples, double rook, 2nd lobes

Quote Originally Posted by Twack View Post
    What brand of silicone jewelry are you using? A lot of cheaper silicone jewelry is rather low quality and has impurities that can cause irritation. I tried a pair of silicone tunnels from Hot Topic, their selection is pretty craptastic but every now and then there are some hidden jems in their stock, my ears hated it. I now know that if it isn't Kaos my ears won't have it. I also have much better results with the parylene coating.
    HT sells Kaos? I've not seen them stock anything except for Kaos? *shrug* Different stores, different selections, I guess.

Glass for now is probably a good idea. Also: washing your silicone with soap & water before wearing it might help?
    Mods I have: 2g earlobeholes (R/L),14g Industrial (L), 12g Nipples (R/L), 8g Septum, and 16g Upper Lip Frenulum.

Retired: 14g seconds (R/L), 20g thirds (R/L), 20g fourth (L), &helix/cartilage project (R).

Things:
    - My collection (more or less, anyway).
    - My art Tumblr.
    - Personal Tumblr.

My name is Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrrrchicken View Post
    HT sells Kaos?
    Yeah, we stock kaos earskins (with the brand label in the case) and then our silicone eyelets are a mystery brand.

Every store should have similar selection.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_Sick View Post
    Yeah, we stock kaos earskins (with the brand label in the case) and then our silicone eyelets are a mystery brand.

Every store should have similar selection.
    Oh. Sorry. The questionmark punctuation was me punctuating my facial expression (a confused look because I thought they said HT didn't sell Kaos).
    Mods I have: 2g earlobeholes (R/L),14g Industrial (L), 12g Nipples (R/L), 8g Septum, and 16g Upper Lip Frenulum.

Retired: 14g seconds (R/L), 20g thirds (R/L), 20g fourth (L), &helix/cartilage project (R).

Things:
    - My collection (more or less, anyway).
    - My art Tumblr.
    - Personal Tumblr.

My name is Kat.

+ Reply to Thread