+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 820 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Girly-talk: Post your feminine issues here!

IUDs aren't foolproof. I know of someone that became pregnant while her ParaGard was installed. The risk is low, but it certainly happens. Even sterilization isn't 100% effective; conception can occur.

NuvaRing was an awful choice for me. It constantly popped out and caused infection in my case.

I went off of hormonal birth control because my neurologist informed me that I had an astronomical risk of having a stroke because I have experienced migraines with aura, I was overweight, and I was taking hormonal birth control. I decided that I really didn't want to die young, so I made the decision to cease that method after eight years of use. Additionally, the long-term effects (blood clots, cancer, etc) of taking hormones scares the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by sapphiredonna View Post
    you could look into the paragard (it's a copper IUD with no hormone component).

and your boyfriend would get a kick in the rear from me ; P (bc being a woman's responsibility is a rather touchy subject with me)
    I'll look into that!

And as far as my bf, when I am on the pill we switch off everymonth on who pays for it, and when I'm off it he buys the condoms most of the time
    I feel like we're pretty even.
    I just hate taking those damn pills, but I hate condoms too, haha.
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

I went back on bc after 6 years of sporadic use when I broke up with my bf. He would take all the money and allow me $20 a week for my food and drinks for work. He refused to give me extra money for bc and refused to wear a condom ("I don't like the way they feel...") so I refused to sleep with him. =) And then I left. =) Nuva ring was NOT the correct bc for me but I'm hoping maybe and IUD is.
    It's always the quiet ones.
    My name is Kate. =)

the diva cup can hold like an ounce and women tend to bleed 3-4 oz during the entire period so a cup works good on heavy flow too, you just may have to empty it more often than every 12 hours. One thing I like about the kit that I got was the liners which will catch any leakage
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    IUDs aren't foolproof. I know of someone that became pregnant while her ParaGard was installed. The risk is low, but it certainly happens. Even sterilization isn't 100% effective
    Nothing is 100%
    Back when I was 18 I was on the pill regulary & got pregnant.

(I terminated it because I was only 18 and still in high school & working at a gas station and the baby daddy was working at mcdonalds, and my mom is insane catholic lady & whatnot. I'm proud of my decision cause I love my life I live right now and know I wouldn't have the same life)
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Interesting fact, most people don't know that the pill decreases in efficacy if you're overweight. I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor for you, but hormonal birth control is remarkably ineffective in some cases. I never trusted it fully while I was overweight. Other things that contribute to decreased efficacy are some herbal supplements, certain prescription drugs, and not taking the pill at exactly the same time every day.

Thanks for sharing your story, Samantha.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_Sick View Post
    Nothing is 100%
    Back when I was 18 I was on the pill regulary & got pregnant.

(I terminated it because I was only 18 and still in high school & working at a gas station and the baby daddy was working at mcdonalds, and my mom is insane catholic lady & whatnot. I'm proud of my decision cause I love my life I live right now and know I wouldn't have the same life)
    more power to ya!
    "I hate sweating, it's for poor people." - Blake

Mods: 3/4'' lobes, 12g septum, 14g industrial, 16g navel, 8g seconds, one tattoo
    Want: double nostril, nipples, high nostrils, philtrum, nape, tattoos
    Goal Size: 3/4'' lobes
    Retired: helix x3
    http://www.bodyartforms.com/wishlist.asp?userID=66983
    http://spirtdica.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidWisdom View Post
    PCOS sucks. That is all.
    <:U

That is all.
    I guess I can't list all my schweet mods in this box...because I don't have any. No piercings, nothing. I'm simply an appreciator.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Interesting fact, most people don't know that the pill decreases in efficacy if you're overweight. I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor for you, but hormonal birth control is remarkably ineffective in some cases. I never trusted it fully while I was overweight. Other things that contribute to decreased efficacy are some herbal supplements, certain prescription drugs, and not taking the pill at exactly the same time every day.

Thanks for sharing your story, Samantha.
    Hhhmmm I was definetly "obese" back then, maybe that's what it was. Weird that my doctor never talked to me about that.

I've gone through tons of doctors, and it never seems like any of them really like to talk to me about my bc choices. Every one just writes a script for whatever pill they feel like giving me :-/

@ ro: I too am worried about the long-term effects of additional hormone use, hence my leaning toward the paragard. I'm glad to hear you still consider it a success, even with the issues you've had with it.

@ bkwyrm: congrats for leaving that guy. he sounds like a terrible person. I know your life is currently stressful (just from some of the posts you've made in other threads) but I can't imagine it's worse than living with him.
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

+ Reply to Thread