+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taking out the rook piercing

Taking out the rook piercing

Can someone please tell me HOW they took their rook piercing out to change it...well at least how they got the balls off the bar bell i have tried so many times and the bar bell keeps twisting around in my ear and it hurts D:
    Septum
    Helix
    Lobes- 1/2"
    Conch - 8g
    Traguss
    Rook
    Daith

Retired:
    Tongue Web
    Belly Button

tumblr./animal tumblr./dark tumblr.

I used to have my dad do it for me, when I lived with my parents, and I've even had my roommate do it for me. lol It's hard!! I finally found that the trick to rook jewelry (for me), is to wedge my fingernail between the ring and the ball. But be careful not to pop it across the room! lol Now, I wear a screw-ball ring so I can insert/remove it easily. You may have to go to your piercer to have the jewelry changed.
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

Yes! It's a real pain in the butt to change! I have had it pierced for almost a year now and I haven't really been able to give it a good cleaning because no one can get it out of my ear.
    I always have the thought of going to my piercer to get it changed but silly me I always forget. D:
    Septum
    Helix
    Lobes- 1/2"
    Conch - 8g
    Traguss
    Rook
    Daith

Retired:
    Tongue Web
    Belly Button

I put on a pair of vinyl gloves, pressed the bottom ball against the inside of my ear to stop the barbell from turning, then gripped the top ball and was able to twist it off pretty easily. I changed it to a CBB which was super easy, but it was sore and red for a fw days after this.
    15mm and 16g lobules, 7g scaphoid fossa, 16g crura of antihelix, 16g crus of helix, 14g cavum concha, 8g columella, 16g frenulum linguae, 14g superior umbilicus, artificial pigmentation of the dermis

I have two cheapy 1/4" curved barbells in mine and I never change them. When I get the money for some neometal, I am going to have my piercer switch to those. But I would definitely have some help if I were you. You don't want them to flare up and get pissy. I'm not going to lie, these hurt when they flare up.
    "What a fucked up bunch of people we are LOL" -Petra

I know my limits; I am incapable of changing my own rook jewelry. I have had various piercers help me.

Yes, I gave up on trying after the second time I tried to take it out lol I'm not even going to bother with it and just go get it changed my my pierce.

Thanks a lot guys!
    Septum
    Helix
    Lobes- 1/2"
    Conch - 8g
    Traguss
    Rook
    Daith

Retired:
    Tongue Web
    Belly Button

I pinch the bottom ball with one hand and the other ball with the other hand and twist. It was a bitch to get out but I got it....putting a new barbell in is another battle in itself...right now I don't have a bottom ball on mine cause I can't get it
    Have been pierced 75 times/ currently have 32 unnatural holes in me
    78 star tattoos, lots of other tattoos/ L & R 4g conch punches / L & R 2g helix punches/ L & R 6g nostril punches/ 2 brandings / 1 cutting and flesh removal / 2 magnetic implants / 0g lip scalpelling/ secondary lobe reconstruction

Eep! Totally didn't see you say it was a barbell. lol Ignore my post. haha When inserting/removing barbells, I've been known to break out the needle-nose pliers. (They're clean! Simmer.) I hold the shaft with the pliers, then unscrew the ball with my fingers. I find it easier than trying to get fingers from both hands up in that tight space. (hehe) I still say go to a piercer.
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

I got unreasonable with mine... after not being able to get them out I bought some finger cots and that helped with one of them. The other, however the ball would not unscrew with the aid of finger cots, pliers, or my husband. My piercer (or any piercer) is 65 miles away in another state so... I eventually got pissed off enough that I soaked the wire cutters in alcohol and then cut the barbel out of my rook... no I did not hurt my self, it was a slow and gentle process... all the twisting I had done before hurt it worse.

my recommendation... try some finger cots or rubber gloves and if that doesn't work just go to your piercer.

+ Reply to Thread