+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to Keep Nipple From Moving?

Ways to Keep Nipple From Moving?

So I regret getting my nipple pierced the night before I have a 9 hour shift, but I did. My job involves walking and moving around a lot. There is currently a 10 gauge 3/4'' diameter CBR in there, and it moves around quite a bit (such as if i bend over), which is uncomfortable/painful. I won't be able to change to a barbel before tomorrow for sure, so would it be okay if I put a band-aid over it to keep it from moving? Or cotton balls and tape? Also, how long should I wait before switching to a barbel? They only had CBRs at the shop, unfortunately.

Nipples take months to heal and ideally you don't want to change the jewelry before they are healed. Try wearing a tight fitting shirt to prevent movement, but you don't want to smother them... They need to breath.

Unfortunately I don't own any tight fitting shirts. I just want to hold the ring down so my shirt doesn't catch it.

I'd try gauze and microporous tape, as long as you let it air out and breathe at night.
    I understand why you folks might hesitate to submit to our demand but here's an FYI: you're all gonna die screaming. All we want to do is eat your brains.

can you go get it changed to a barbell by a piercer soon?
    and if you really need to make it stop moving, +1 to kirsty.
    ---00g lobes --- 16g 2nds & 3rds --- 12g right helix
    ---16g left tragus (1/5/10) --- 10g septum ( 7/13/10)
    --- 12g nipples (1/31/2013)
    Future --- Nape --- lady bits
    Owned By Three Cuddley Ferrets <3
    Wishlist C:!

I think it's too early to even get a piercer to change it to a barbell. A barbell would be the best option, but I think it would just cause more grief from having it changed so soon. I second the idea to use gauze and tape.
    -Dave

Currently have: 2 18g lobes, 18g left nostril, 6g septum, 2 12g vertical nipples and 6g Apadravya.

Currently I use band-aids on the ring itself to hold it down, but the band-aid doesn't touch my nipple. That tape sounds like a good idea, but if I wanted to have a piercer change it, how long should i wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggle View Post
    Currently I use band-aids on the ring itself to hold it down, but the band-aid doesn't touch my nipple. That tape sounds like a good idea, but if I wanted to have a piercer change it, how long should i wait?
    The first time I got my nipples pierced about 5 years ago (they were pierced with rings) I got the jewellery changed to barbells after about a month I believe. But when I had the re-pierced recently the piercer said that I could change the jewellery to shorter barbells (he allowed for some swelling) in 4 months. I don't know if this piercer is just being safe and conservative with 4 months to ensure everything is dandy, but I would wait at least a month before you change the jewellery. But that's just my (unqualified) opinion. Nipples are super sensitive, I can see a lot of potential of harm being done if the jewellery is changed too soon.
    -Dave

Currently have: 2 18g lobes, 18g left nostril, 6g septum, 2 12g vertical nipples and 6g Apadravya.

+ Reply to Thread