+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Bactine ok for piercings?

Is Bactine ok for piercings?

Ok, So I've heard Bactine is good for new piercings and I've heard that its NOT good for new piercings. When I got my top and bottom belly button pierced in January, it was what my piercer recommended.

Well, its August (7 months later) and my piercing is still oozing and alitter sore. Is this normal and part of the healing process or should I use something else? Could the Bactine be to the problem?

Thanks!
    present: 2 tattoos, top belly button piercing & 2 piercings on each ear
    future: left arm half sleeve & snakebite piercings!

It's not good for it. It says on the package to not use it on puncture wounds, only scrapes or abrasions. You should switch to sea salt soaks.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I've been using it for this long and im not even supposed to! Why would the piercer recommend it! And where can I get sea salt soaks? I am getting some first thing in the morning!!!

You mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt into 80z (1 cup) warm distilled water and soak with that. You can buy the salt in the spice aisle at the grocery store.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

Thank you!! I'm doing this asap!! Maybe it'll help heal this stupid piercing faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by babypietattoo View Post
    You mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt into 80z (1 cup) warm distilled water and soak with that. You can buy the salt in the spice aisle at the grocery store.
    8 oz.* It blows my mind that the designer of the modern keyboard put o and 0 so close together.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

hahaha I didn't even catch that!!! OP, if you soak for like 10 minutes, once or twice a day, I'm sure you'll see improvements!!
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

Pft maybe I was typing in 1337, you don't know! But Wong, how would you be able to tell? Just buy a new bottle for every use?! Silly business.

There is a spray version to cut down on bacteria growth, and therefore you never touch the solution.
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

+ Reply to Thread