Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My stretched ear wont stop bleeding?

Exclamation My stretched ear wont stop bleeding?

I stretched my ear about a week ago (from a 2g to a 0g after waiting about 2 months) and i left my stainless steel plugs in for about 4 days (until my ears werent stinging or tender) and then i took them out to clean them. my right ear looked good but my left ear was still bleeding (but not a lot) so i cleaned them (with sea salt water) and put my plugs back in.

Last night i took them out again to clean them and my right ear was still good but my left ear was still bleeding. i soaked so paper towel in sea salt water and held it on my ear until there was not more blood (i wasnt applying a lot of pressure).

when i tried to put my plug back in my left ear it took a little effort but i got it in .. but the plug was like covered in blood. So i cleaned it off and it fell back out... i put it back in and there was blood all over it agian, i cleaned it again and i got the O rings on both sides without it falling out. when i got my plugs in my ear it felt fine (it was still a little tender if i touch my ear) this morning i took it out one more time to cheak if i had a blowout but my ear looks perfectly fine (besides the blood and redness inside my ear lobe)

Whats wrong with my ear?
    Or is that normal when you stretch from a 2g to a 0g?
    What should i do?

That is NOT normal. You likely tore your lobe while stretching. There should be no pain or blood when stretching.
    If I were you I would take out my plugs completely and let them heal for awhile
    Hey, I'm Aubrey.

Downsize or go naked
    "too weird to live too rare to die" Hunter S Thompson
    A dying man couldn't make up his mind which place to go to --both have their advantages
    "heaven for the climate, or hell for the company" Mark Twain
    "There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality" Patty Bouvier

Also, I forgot to add; read this: http://forums.bodyartforms.com/showt...ch-my-piercing
    Hey, I'm Aubrey.

After you heal up, id also suggest taping from 2g til you get to a 0g. or Buy some glass 1g plugs. BAF has them. :]

2g to a 0 is a whole 2mm jump, which is quite difficult for many people.

You also probably didn't wait long enough to stretch. 2months isn't a very long time at your size. You only have one pair of earlobes, take your time!
    Last edited by NeuroticSouthpaw; 08-19-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    "If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity
    to the promises of life as if he were related to one of those intricate machines that register earthquakes ten thousand miles away."

Yeah, I was at 2g for probably 5 or 6 months before I could even think about 0g. 2 months is less than half the time you should have waited. Follow everyones' advice. I would say downsize back to 2g, wait about 3 months and then order some 1g plugs to stretch with.
    i has
    1/2" primary lobes; 6g conches; 4g septum; 16g philtrum; 18g nostrils
    ~6 hours of tattoo work (a lot more coming, i need monies :[)
    i wants
    VCH; all of the tattoos

in the time of chimpanzees, i was a lady.

I ripped my earlobes when I stretched from 2g to 0g and I had waited 5 months.
    I took them out, put in stainless steel 4g plugs, and babied the crap outta them!
    My ears are happy and wonderful now (that was a long time ago) and they are now 00g.
    I taped using PTFE (Teflon) Tape and I'll never go back to using tapers again.

I STRONGLY advise downsizing and doing sea salt soaks. My ears definitely would not look the same if I'd left my 0g plugs in.
    Blood is bad and so is pain.
    Next time try taping or using 1g plugs instead. Remember, don't force anything.
    My name is Lauren
    Current: 1/2" lobes, 14g seconds, 18g thirds, two 2g conch punches, 14g helix, 16g L/R nostrils, TINY starfish and heart tattoo

it sounds like it's been over a week since you stretched and you're still getting blood when you take the plug out. that probably means there is a small tear in the actual piercing hole, and when you take the jewelry out it's basically reopening the wound and bleeding again. i would put the 2g jewelry back in with o rings, baby those lobes for a while, and try again in about 5-6 months. you should be waiting about that long between stretches at that size.

there are 1g plugs out there if you'd want to try that, but what i'd do is put your 2g plugs back in, keep cleaning them, and massage them with jojoba or emu oil daily. then in 5-6 months, you should have no issue stretching up with a taper to 0g. if you do, then your body is telling you not to stretch any more.
    current: 6g lobes, 16g second lobes, 16g snakebites, 18g left & right nostril, tattoos
    retired: 14g nipples *cry*, 16g lip, numerous cartilage piercings

Don't massage a torn lobe. You need to wait until it heals or you'll just keep re-irritating it.
    Sam: Everyone likes nicole. STFU.

i should have been clearer, and not assumed that it would be understood: massage with oil after your ear is no longer bleeding when you take the jewelry out to clean. i had a similar experience last year, and this is how i took care of it.
    current: 6g lobes, 16g second lobes, 16g snakebites, 18g left & right nostril, tattoos
    retired: 14g nipples *cry*, 16g lip, numerous cartilage piercings

Closed Thread