+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Types of tapers? Best ways to stretch?

Types of tapers? Best ways to stretch?

So I recently started stretching a few weeks ago. I started from a regular peircing to a 12g, I didnt use tapers, i bought acrilyc pinchers (i think there called). I left them in for a good 2.5 weeks and went to 8g spirals today which are also acrylic, (yes i know i jumped sizes, they had no 10gs and said id be fine... everything went smoothly, no problems. but im never risking a jump again.)

Basicly, my questions are;
    Are tapers nessisary for the type of jewlery i use (Pincher, Spirals) or just plugs?
    Whats best for your ears? Acrylic, wood, sylicone.. ect?
    (I cant do steel, my ears reject. learned that with studs

Also. For care of your ears, what do you suggest? cause with my 12's i took them out after a solid week, washed the jewlery (there was little ear cheese, but it doesnt happen to me unless i play with them) and just rubbed antibactirial soap around my lobes. Is that enough, or should i be doing more?

Sorry for all the questions

Here's basic stretching info: http://forums.bodyartforms.com/forum...tions-amp-care

What quality of steel have you tried? You may want to look into titanium.

I would suggest trying to downsize to reverse the damage you may have done. Dead stretching is good but to properly do it you need time, wait until the next size plug slides in without any resistance felt. Wear only titanium (since steel is bad for you personally) or glass. Plugs, cbrs, or barbells (labret studs, straight barbells, or circular barbells) are your best bet for a good stretch. I only used plugs and cbrs for all of my stretches and with the exception of 6g all were done with steel, 6g was done on glass. Metal and glass both work really well. I always like to suggest dead stretching because if you can do it its probably the most gentle way of doing it. It is also the cheapest, wait at a size several weeks/ months until you are able to resistance free (or atleast you feel no resistance) slide in the next size. Leave the jewelry in for a week or so and then you can change it out if you have more in that size. For care of your ears, I always tend to just wash them in the shower with the shampoo as I wash my hair, its long so the soap gets on my ears and rinses off. All stretches should be done with single flare or no flare plugs if going the plug route. If you absolutely need tapers go with 3" concave tapers since they seem good for inserting jewelry with (I have never stretched with tapers) and wait a decent amount of time (several weeks/ months in between)
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

I found he easiest way to stretch was with a steel taper (SOOOO much smoother than acrylic ones) with a concave back because i used glass plugs, which don't have a flat end on them so the rounded part fits nicely in the concave part of the taper. Although if you use steel plugs that have flat backs then you don't really need the concave taper. I would not wear pinchers or spirals for healing a stretch.
    Best Jewelry for piercings -glass, steel or titianium as they can be sterilsed and are not porus.
    there are no flowers, no not this time.
    My Wish list

easiest for me: dead stretching well healed and ready lobes with single flared glass plugs - worked from 6g to 0g for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Here's basic stretching info: http://forums.bodyartforms.com/forum...tions-amp-care

What quality of steel have you tried? You may want to look into titanium.
    At the only place i can get my jewlery, they only have stainless steel. But i cant do any steel, just gold, acrylics . (dont know about wood or sylicone.)

I don't wear plugs, I might when i get up to the 4th gauge. But right now all i have used is Acyrilic pinchers and the spirals.
    There both tapered on one end so they go in smoothly, and after sleeping they wernt bugging me or anything and i dont feel like downsizing so im gonna leave them in

Thanks for your help. im gonna keep this all in mind when i switch from spirals to plugs

Then you should try to get to a different place or hold off stretching until you can get jewelry from a better place. You have one, yes ONE set of ear lobes, to last a lifetime...

+ Reply to Thread