+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with Lymph Fluids?

Issues with Lymph Fluids?

Hello all c=
    So, recently I've been having alot of problems with what I think are lymph fluids... on my right ear, I have my first piercing at 0g, and my second hole at a 10g... I changed out the earring (didn't even change sizes) on the second hole, and a day later it started leaking this clear liquid. I cleaned it, and soaked it in a saline solution for 5 minutes, which soothed it, but didn't seem to "heal" it- the clear fluid would leak out again after about 30 minutes... this continued on for a month (and yes, I did see my doctor, but he said I had the two choices of keeping it and just seeing how it goes, or taking it out.) Well, after another week, and it still leaking everywhere, getting all over my neck and starting this awful itchy rash, I decided to just give up. I took the piercing out, and it's still healing now, a week later. (My bottom gauge, the 0, is still in and seems to be completely unaffected)

On my right ear, I've had a 4g for about two years, and finally decided "well, if I have to loose my second piercing on one ear, I can at least work on the other one." I gauged it to a 2g with absolutely no pain, or problems.
    The next morning, after having slept on it, it seems to have started leaking lymph fluids... and once again, I started getting this itchy rash on my neck right behind my ear where the fluid was. It's been a few days now, and even though I've cleaned it, it's still leaking and my neck is getting pretty irritated. It looks sort of like the o-ring on the back is biting into my ear, and this is the source of the leak... but I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that the front of my piercing is completely fine, but the back is what's bothering me.

My doctor is offering no help besides "take the piercing out."
    I know this is the easiest solution, but I wasn't sure if anyone else out there had any other advice. Like, am I correct? Does it sound like lymph fluids? It is completely clear, and after a few minutes turns into a fine crust... if I touch it with my fingers, it leave a sticky feeling kind of like dried elmers glue.
    I just really don't want to loose the hole if I can help it =I

Any help would be greatly appreciated c=

What kind of jewelry are you wearing in the second hole? I'd switch to titanium or glass. Also, are you using black nitrile o-rings? If so, switch to clear silicone ones. A lot of people are sensitive to nitrile.

Well, the second hole is gone now, but it was acrylic/polymer...
    It's the same "type" of earring in my other ear now, the one that's having the problem currently.

Ears aren't made to wear polymer clay, if that's what you're referring to. Acrylic is no good for pissed off piercings, so switch to titanium, steel, or glass immediately. Acrylic may be the problem to begin with...some people just can't wear it.

Alright
    I'll go tomorrow and get new earring, and hopefully that'll work.
    And haha, no I didn't mean polymer clay- I'm sort of stupid sometimes c=

Thank you so so much for the swift reply- this has been killing me for the past month, and I'm thrilled to get an actual response c=

glad you got some help... it does, indeed, sound like simple lymph and that youre prolly now allergic to some aspect of your jewelry or something... hopefully youll sort it out and heck, maybe you can un-retire the second-hole once youve sorted out the 'issue'... gl, h.

+ Reply to Thread