+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Splitting

Tongue Splitting

I'm seriously considering getting it done sometime after my wedding this fall.
    I'm curious to know if anyone here has it done, and if so what they're experience was like.
    Any input is appreciated
    Current:
    4g lobes, 12g seconds, 8g septum,18g nostrils, 6g tongue, & random ink ^.^

Retired:
    14g industrials (both ears), 14g helix (left ear), 14g snake bites, 14g bridge, 14g nipples, 14g philtrum,

wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

Thanks, those links are great
    Current:

Retired:
    14g industrials (both ears), 14g helix (left ear), 14g snake bites, 14g bridge, 14g nipples, 14g philtrum,

No problem. The pictures were the best part, to me!
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

lol pictures are always great
    Current:

Retired:

i too am interested in getting my tongue split. i read all those and none of them answered the question whether or not cauterizing helps to deter regrowth. i actually know of an oral surgeon that does it with a laser, essentially splitting it and cauterizing it at the same time. does anyone know how cauterization would affect it?
    32mm lobes | 8ga nostrils | empty septum | 14ga philtrum | 14hrs tattooing
    (◕‿◕✿)

If an oral surgeon is performing tongue splittings, they may lose their license to practice medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by chloe.faith View Post
    i too am interested in getting my tongue split. i read all those and none of them answered the question whether or not cauterizing helps to deter regrowth. i actually know of an oral surgeon that does it with a laser, essentially splitting it and cauterizing it at the same time. does anyone know how cauterization would affect it?
    From what I understand regrowth is a problem with all methods. It might not be as much, but eventualy you will have to do "touch ups".

My biggest debate right now is whether or not to have is scalpeled or to go the tie-off route. And what it's like during either process.
    Last year I had an appt to have it scalpelled, but due to personal crap I had to cancel it. And because fate loves me so much he retired shortly after lol.

Axon:
    From what I understand alot of medical professionals are allowed to perform it, though in some areas they're are guidelines that make it a very gray area, if not illegal. I know here in Iowa, it's legal to go either route, medicaly or in a shop.
    Current:

Retired:

Quote Originally Posted by Desumasuku View Post
    From what I understand regrowth is a problem with all methods. It might not be as much, but eventualy you will have to do "touch ups".
    Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't pay too much attention to information about tongue splitting but I seem to recall somewhere that some people have stitches put in to help stop regrowth happening? :S
    I understand why you folks might hesitate to submit to our demand but here's an FYI: you're all gonna die screaming. All we want to do is eat your brains.

The issues with stitches is the possibility of regrowth over the stitches... OUCH!
    The tie off method is also kinda icky in my opinion... The idea of slowly tightening a string through the tongue just isnt such a good idea. Scalpelling seems to be the best route, quick and easy... And healing would take about as long as the tie off method would take to complete...

+ Reply to Thread