Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dimple Piercing Aftercare/Advice?

Lightbulb Dimple Piercing Aftercare/Advice?

I just got my dimple pierced last night and I'm SO stoked to have them but honestly, this pain in starting to become ridiculous (and I look like a chipmunk with all the swelling). I was just wondering if anyone has any good advice when it comes to aftercare in general?

I'm assuming you mean cheek piercings. first off, I hope the jewelry is long enough to accommodate the swelling -- cheek piercings can swell A LOT (and are notoriously difficult to heal). if at any point it looks or feels like one end of the barbell is beginning to sink into your cheek, or is being "swallowed" by your skin, you need to go to a piercer and have longer jewelry inserted. other than that, I've seen crushed ice recommended (keep some in your mouth to help reduce swelling). don't use mouthwash with alcohol in it, and make sure you rinse after you eat. good luck!
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

ice chips + oral piercings = bffs
    32mm lobes | 8ga nostrils | empty septum | 14ga philtrum | 14hrs tattooing
    (◕‿◕✿)

Yeah, the barbell is 3/4 inch at the moment and with the swelling there is still a few millimeters free incase the swelling continues to grow. He also made sure to put on larger balls at the end to prevent them from being "swallowed."

A lot of cheek piercings require 1" barbells at first. How far back were they pierced? If they were pierced past your first molars, expect that pain and discomfort to continue long beyond the end of the healing process. Did the piercer put ball ends on the inside of the cheeks? Those are going to get bitten on and could even chip your teeth if you aren't careful. Usually a flat back disc would go on the inside.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

They don't go too far back, they almost line up with the corners of the inside of my eyes. And yeah, he did but he told me to go back in a week so I can get flat back barbells. I mean, I cant really eat at the moment and I'm trying not too talk too much, so I really havent bitten down on them and I'm hoping I don't. :\

Oh and I also have another question. Last night, when I was cleaning them, I squeezed a bit on the holes and noticed a good amount of puss come oozing out. Over the past few days, I haven't noticed them draining or any crusties on them when I wake up. I know that drainage is natural but I'm worried that they're not draining unless I force it. Should I gently try to get the puss out every day or so? Or just leave them alone?
    1" lobes
    14g snakebites (retired, sort of :P)
    16g septum
    14g dimples (retired)
    16g tragus

Are you sure its puss? Puss is green or gray. If its clear or white its lymph. Or saliva since cheek/dimple piercings often nick many of the parotid ducts that are in the cheeks. Don't try to force them to do anything, just keep up with aftercare.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

Ah no, puss was definately the wrong word choice- it's white.
    Okay, thanks
    1" lobes
    14g snakebites (retired, sort of :P)
    16g septum
    14g dimples (retired)
    16g tragus

well i am about to get my cheeks pierced. and i went to talk to mt piercer before getting them.. he told me they will leave massive scaring, and that i should use a plastic inch long barbell because metal will ruin my teeth.. and that, they will take at least 6 months to heal.. and that i need to be careful about sleeping, eating an talking.. the further back the piercing is the more trouble.. i am getting mine like an inch away from my lip corner. he said that was not very much problem, but i've been reading baout things going wrong with the piercing, so if you have nay trouble with yours like serious problems please let me know.. (:

Closed Thread