+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Monroe piercing question

Its starting to get less red and now that i have a shorter labret it doesn't get stuck on my upper gum.Doing sea salt twice a day.
    4 Holes in each ear and stretching my lobe holes to a 0g
    1 nostril piercing
    1 Monroe piercing
    2 Industrial piercings 1 on each ear.
    6 Tattoos 1 on my wrist the other on side of my leg and 1 on my upper arm and 1 on my foot and 1 on each toe.

Its now been at least 2 months and its still a little red is this normal and how long do they usually stay red for?I have started using a little bit of the tree tea oil mixed in with the sea salt soaks to see if that helps.Tea tree oil smells bad and very strong so i only put just a little drop into my sea salt mix.Its not sore nor is there any crusties its just a little red hope it goes away with time other than that its going great it it looks like its healed except for it being red.lol
    1 nostril piercing
    1 Monroe piercing
    6 Tattoos 1 on my wrist the other on side of my leg and 1 on my upper arm and 1 on my foot and 1 on each toe.

Quote Originally Posted by parasiteeve9 View Post
    Its now been at least 2 months and its still a little red is this normal and how long do they usually stay red for?I have started using a little bit of the tree tea oil mixed in with the sea salt soaks to see if that helps.
    Its probably still red/irritated because you're using tea tree oil when there isn't a need for it. Tea tree oil is very harsh and strong, and IMO, should only be used when chamomile tea cannot resolve hypertrophic scarring.. Which you do not have on your lip piercing. Stop using the oil, its just irritating your piercing.
    Sam: Everyone likes nicole. STFU.

How long do i keep up with the sea salt soaks?I've been doing it twice a day on the monroe and i will stop adding the tea tree oil.I havent used the tea tree oil for any piercing except the monroe maybe thats why its staying red.I thought it would help cause it looks like there maybe some scarring around the hole but its not too noticable maybe i should try the chamomile tea on it.I hope the chamomile tea has a better smell than the tea tree oil that stuff really stinks,my husband says i smell like a tree)!!Its very over powering even at a small drop.lol
    1 nostril piercing
    1 Monroe piercing

Tea Tree Oil should only be used on a completely healed piercing in the first place. It does stink but it works very well when needed. I wouldnt use it on a lip piercing only because it is so drying. Its best used for scarring or piercing pimples/bumps that ooze a bit because it helps break down scar tissue and helps drain any unwanted fluid. If its still red, maybe the SSS is a bit to much as well. If cutting out the Tea Tree Oil alone doesnt work, then i would cut back SSS to once a day and maybe apply a bit of oil (Emu, E, Jojoba) in place of the second SSS. I really hope it works out for you because your Monroe suits your face perfectly!
    "What a fucked up bunch of people we are LOL" -Petra

Since oil and water don't mix, you want to mix tea tree with another oil, like jojoba, should you use it in the future. Some discoloration around piercings is completely normal (some people experience it, others don't), and may or may not go away as the piercing heals.

Adding to something someone said above, you may also be soaking too much. I wouldnt add the oil to the soak, but if the soak is non progressive (not doing anything to outwardly help) and just seems to irritate the piercing, then I would stop it. I know that after I hit the two month point on my new piercings they would be skin colored for the whole day, I would plain SSS (nothing but water and SS) and it would get nice and irritable for the next few hours, so I tried warm water soak for a day, that did the same. If this is the case with you, cut back or stop soaks until it tells you it needs it (gets crusties/irritable).
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

I'll stop the sss for awhile and see what happens.About 2 days ago i noticed a bump is starting to form on the inside of the monroe was wondering if this is normal and will it go away on its own or is there something that i need to put on it?Its weird cause the monroe piercing is now at least 2 months old and the inside had been healing really nicely.I've cut back to only doing mouth wash twice a day once in the morning then once before bed.But i did switch over to a different kind of mouth wash i got the kind that makes your teeth white could that be whats causing the bump?it doesnt have alcohol in it.lol
    1 nostril piercing
    1 Monroe piercing

You mean antiseptic mouthwash? That has alcohol in it. Your monroe is still healing, so I would recommend not using a mouthwash with alcohol. I used Biotene when I got my medusa. Cleans just as thoroughly and doesn't irritate your piercing. Switching mouthwash could be the cause of the bump, IMO.

Remember that oral piercings take several months to heal. Be patient. The road may be bumpy.
    i has
    1/2" primary lobes; 6g conches; 4g septum; 16g philtrum; 18g nostrils
    ~6 hours of tattoo work (a lot more coming, i need monies :[)
    i wants
    VCH; all of the tattoos

in the time of chimpanzees, i was a lady.

I'll switch back to my alcohol free mouthwash that i was originally using.Tylol
    1 nostril piercing
    1 Monroe piercing

+ Reply to Thread