+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dermal Anchor

Dermal Anchor

I've had mine since October and the gem that it was done with isn't shiny anymore so I'm thinking of changing it but I'm not sure what size it is. What is the average size of dermal anchors?
    </p>

Re: Dermal Anchor

from what I have heard about dermal anchors they seem to be difficult to change out without pain. I would suggest going to your piercer to have this done </p>
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

I would think 14g, but the thing is, you have to know what company made the foot of the implant. IS and Anatometal threading aren't always compatible. Your best bet is to go back to your piercer and have them change it and tell you what brand it is so you can buy them elsewhere if you'd like to in the future.
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

I moved to PA 2 weeks after I got it done. I'm planning on buying a new top online and going to the tattoo shop I got my last one at in Pittsburgh since they do dermals there. Thinking of getting their piercer to change it. </p>

Give the place a call, I'm sure they would use the same brand every time. BAF has a good selection of threaded ends when you figure out what it is </p>
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 23hrs tattooing.

Maybe call your piercer, unless he did something totally different on you, he probably does the same for everyone. So should be able to give you the valuable information you need like size and brand. </p>
    Current Mods: 2g Lobes, 12g Triangular Fossa Piercings, Vertical Hood Split, 4g seconds
    Future Plans: Vertical Orbitals (in helix both sides), possibly body piercings

I'm talking to that piercer now. He wants me to go to a shop and buy the new piece there. </p>

if your old piercer won't tell you what you were pierced with, he's a dick. just sayin'. anyways, if you can't figure out what brand/gauge you have I'd try ordering the cheapest brand ends you can on BAF (plain steel disks, probably) to make sure you get the correct ones before ordering an expensive gemmed end.

ETA: if you have an Industrial Strength anchor, these ends are really pretty and surprisingly cheap:

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=4319 : )
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

He doesn't pierce anymore, Just tattoos now. I just wants me to go to a shop and buy a piece there to make sure. But I'm thinking of buying a 14g &amp; 16g that are cheap. </p>

I know someone already mentioned it, but keep in mind different brands may not be compatible, so if you buy a 14g wildcat end and it doesn't fit, that doesn't mean that you may not have a 14g microdermal (which I think is the most common size, though I could be wrong).
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

+ Reply to Thread