+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Back Tattoo! (pictures!)

Back Tattoo! (pictures!)

well I've wanted this Tattoo since I was 16... its very close to being 10 years from that day, and I'm finally starting to work on it. ^^</p>

I finally found the perfect artist to work on it, he is insanely talented, his name is Lalo and he works at Sacred Tattoo in NYC. I took 2 trains to see him and I'ma do it over and over until its finished ^^ he is AMAZING.</p>

</p>

The tattoo is of tremendous spiritual significance to me. He has just done the black so far, this is 6 hours of work. The picture is taken the day after, right after a shower. </p>

</p>

</p>

It is Kwan Yin, a Bodhisattva of Infinite Compassion, pouring her vase of water over the earth bathing it in love. ^^ she is supposed to be pregnant with the earth in her belly, glowing from translucent white robes, sitting on a giant Lotus flower. I love it, I think he is doing amazing work! The hand and vase aren't done as you can see, well nothing is DONE done, he said, except for the hair, because it is supposed to be black. Everything else is basically just outline work so far it looks way better then I had pictured in my head, I'm so pleased </p>

</p>

Right now it has been a few days since it happened, and I'm all itchy lol, but not scratching or anything stupid, mainly just covering myself in lubriderm like he told me to do several times a day. I'm so excited to see what its going to look like when its done!
    </p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*
    PSN ID: WarauOkami

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

Re: Back Tattoo! (pictures!)

It looks good!
    </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

I'm just sharing. my family is pretty conservative so I cannot share it openly, its a secret, and only close friends know, so an anonymous forum is a good way to brag about it without having someone know that I do not want to know haha. ^^ </p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

this is a back tattoo of epic proportion! </p>

i love the subject matter... i'm a fan of buddhism. being vietnamese, born in vietnam and all, i was raised in a very buddhist up bringing. it's very much a cultural thing for me. i also took a couple buddhist classes while i was in college. and since 2000 i've worn a jade buddha pedant that i got from my trip back to vietnam, u'll never see me without my pendant. while i'm not particularly a religious person, my buddha pendant represent my heritage and culture and it has very high sentimental value to me. eventually i'd like to have a buddha tattoo of some kind on me to further represent that part of my life. </p>

&lt;3 looks awesome

I really, really like itttt! </p>
    Jessica has:
    1/2" lobes.
    14g snakebites.
    5 tattoos.

Wow. That is fantastic!
    'twould be folly to mistake my kindness for weakness.

Mods: 1/2" lobes; 12g Vertical nipples; 10g VCH; 12g Triangle; 8g tongue. Full sleeve + 10 other tattoos; tribal scarification
    Future mods: Phoenix tattoo

Read my Blog: Waking From A Mean Sleep

<P mce_keep="true">thats gorgeous!</P>

The lotus flower is my favorite part. The whole thing is great!! :-D
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

That's so cool Drizz, you should! my fiance wants to get the Buddha's Eyes accross his shoulders ^^ like the ones painted in Kathmandu. ^^ I think it will look awesome.</p>

</p>

All my Tattoos and mods have some sort of spiritual significance, it helps me feel close to God. ^^ This one has been the biggest adjustment, but it is so very worth it
    </p>

</p>

Thanks to all those who replied! I'm so excited to see it done! I cant believe the level of detail, he even put in the wrinkles on the ankles hehe. ^^ Lalo is very good, and I'm so happy he did justice to my dream tattoo ^^ I'll deffinatly keep posting pics hehe ^^ </p>

</p>

He's all booked until the end of may for my next session sadly... but we're trying to work another one in sooner. ^^ I'm so excited!
    </p>
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

+ Reply to Thread