+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my piercing is itching

my piercing is itching

<P mce_keep="true">I just got my navel repierced and I was wondering if it's supposed to itch. Mine has been itching for a couple of days but I haven't been scrtching it because I know that it's bad and I'm afraid that my piercing might reject again. Is this normal or bad for my piercing?</P>
    I have: 3 piercings in each ear, and a navel piercing.
    I also have: two eyes, two ears, two hands, two feet, and one heart, which is taken.

Re: my piercing is itching

What material was it pierced with? Do you have any known metal sensitivities? What kind of aftercare are you doing?
    </p>
    Petra - I attack from the back, because it's easy; and I can assail while wearing very nice jewelry:
    5/8" lobes, 8g + 6g R flats, 14g R daith, 12g L/R nostrils, 2g septum, torso micro. 26.5hrs tattooing.

Sounds quite normal to me
    </p>
    Duality is the ultimate reality.

I recently had my conch done and it gets itchy at random times. I usually have itchiness with a lot of my new piercings.
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

<P mce_keep="true">it was pierced with a stainless steel curved barbell, i don't have any known metal allergies, and I clean it with sea salt and water 2 to 3 times a day, because that's whaat my piercer told me to do.</P>
    I also have: two eyes, two ears, two hands, two feet, and one heart, which is taken.

you may be allergic to the material, or possible have a small infection, are you doing SSS and using some sort of cleaning solution that is appropriate? I'm a huge fan of the Simple Care Spray they sell here for one </p>

</p>

I cant wear poor quality steel, myself, I get itchy and my piercings get angry. Maybe you cant tolerate it, Ti is a good alternative to steel, its expensive but if you cant tollerate steel you have really not many other choices :X haha
    </p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*
    PSN ID: WarauOkami

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

Or it could simply be that itching is part of healing.
    </p>
    'twould be folly to mistake my kindness for weakness.

Mods: 1/2" lobes; 12g Vertical nipples; 10g VCH; 12g Triangle; 8g tongue. Full sleeve + 10 other tattoos; tribal scarification
    Future mods: Phoenix tattoo

Read my Blog: Waking From A Mean Sleep

[quote user="Adwoa"]Or it could simply be that itching is part of healing.[/quote]
    +1 Yes, itching is a healthy sign of healing. If you aren't having any other symptoms I'd say it's quite normal.
    Current: 15/16" first lobes, 6g second lobes, 00g outer conch punch, 12g septum
    Retired: 14g industrial, 16g tragus

dunno my piercings never itched... is it hot or red at all?
    </p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*
    PSN ID: WarauOkami

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

<P mce_keep="true">it isn't hot or red, and it only itches occaisionally kinda like how a papercut itches after you get one, but noe enough to be a nuisance, and there's only pain if I stretch wrong or run but no pain otherwise</P>

+ Reply to Thread