+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Question about Hot Yoga and a New Tattoo

Quick Question about Hot Yoga and a New Tattoo

<P mce_keep="true">On Jan. 5 I am finally getting my chrysanthemum tattooed on my right shoulder (Yay!) and forgot to ask my guy about this. I do Bikram yoga and it's really hot and humid in the studio (105-110 degrees and 25-40% humidity) and I was just wondering if any had any idea how long I would have to wait to go back to practice. Btw if anyone's interested I'll post pics after my session</P>

Re: Quick Question about Hot Yoga and a New Tattoo

<P mce_keep="true">First of all, www.compunction.org/healing.txt</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">Second of all, I would wait until the tattoo is entirely healed to resume your yoga, but maybe I'm just playing it safe.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted someone else to say it first to make sure I was right. haha I wouldn't go back ATLEAST until the first round of scabbing is gone. (I scab, then get that silver layer...)</P>
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

<P mce_keep="true"> I know... I was hoping for the unrealistic "Oh one week and you'll be good!" but I can't be so foolish and of course I want to do it right so...</P>

everyone is different. but pretty much as soon as your tattoo has finished scabbing and peeling by itself, you should be fine to go back</p>

</p>

for me, mine would look "healed" by 2 weeks. which meant it was smooth and no more flaky skin and such.</p>

</p>

the high moisture in the room along with the constant rubbing of your clothes will cause the tattoo to fade extremely fast
    </p>

+ Reply to Thread