Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dermal Piercings

Re: Dermal Piercings

I have two anchors in my sternum, I've had them done for 7 months and I've never had a problem with either of them. I've heard from a few different piercers, as well as online that their less likely to reject then most other piercings. I think they're really nice piercings, they look amazing, the only down-side to them is changing them is difficult and having them removed, as well. </p>

well, I've heard that they can tear out, and they can tear out easily, scary... </p>

</p>

Think about jeans rubbing against your thighs, or if you get uhm "physical" with someone special, :x or any other physical exertion... sports, anything. If it gets caught on something, and torn out, eek...</p>

</p>

I dunno I dont have any MDs,but the fact that they can be easily ripped out scared me enough to not want them. I know of people who are happy with MDs, most of said people have them on their face where they are more careful of things rubbing on it, maybe that contributes to their success? I don't know. I've been told by my piercer that they reject easily, and can tear out easily, so that sort of ended it for me personally. :x </p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*
    PSN ID: WarauOkami

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

[quote user="Sheepie-Sqweak"]</p>

Another thing i have been wondering is how surface piercing jewlery has the curved edges</p>

do you have to go to your piercer to get them out, or can you take them out yourself?</p>

and are they easy to get out of your body</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

My friend had 2 surface piercings above her cleavage. She told me that it took almost 2 years to heal and it still irritated her. It didn't look good :x even though I know she went to really good piercers in NYC. It was always sort of red and lying weirdly in the skin. It was supposed to be a cross but it looked lop sided weirdish. I would be more scared of that tearing honestly, it seems like it could do alot more damage :X</p>

</p>

I've met a few people who had successful nape piercings, but they where all really scared about tearing it with their shirts... one of my friends told me that they did tear it a little once... ew.</p>I had my eyebrow done once, and it started to grow out :x but that's really common with small surface piercings like that I've heard.

hope my rambling was remotely helpful

</p>
    :If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe:
    -=Carl Sagan=-

*Gamer*
    PSN ID: WarauOkami

*Shaman*
    www.Bluestarshaman.com

*Modified*
    Scarified
    Tattooed
    Stretched
    Pierced

I have a sternum microdermal. it sits about 2 inches above where my underwire bra hits. Honestly it's been the easiest piercing to heal out of all of them.</p>

I've had it for a year and a half and it's been bumped, snagged, squished (i'm large chested) and it's been fairly problem free. It doesn't sit flush with the skin unless I'm wearing a bra and have good posture. Apparently that's when the skin there is thickest. It occasionally (once every 2 months or so) needs to be drained a little by pushing gently where the foot is, since drainage is difficult with only one entry point.
    </p>

It took about three months to fully settle down, and I changed the head after about 6 months. Holy Hannah that hurt. I'm pretty sure it ripped a little inside, but the seating is still basically the same, and now changing it isn't painful at all.</p>

Microdermals typically heal better in high movement areas than surface piercings, but they can rip out easily, especially in the healing period. I believe hips are one of the least successful places for any sort of piercing.
    </p>
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    Mods:
    ~6x lobes (2 @ 6g goal, 2 @ 8g goal, 2 @ 10g goal)~2x 14g conch~1x 16g helix~1 sternum microdermal ~2 tattoos~

If the OP is referring to the scar picture in these forums then it's mine [:P] yes, it is a small dot. I'm not too happy with it, but there was nothing left to be done.</p>

I didn't even require a taper or the like to have mine removed. The piercer grabbed it and extracted the anchor with a pair of forceps. It hurt pretty bad... </p>
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

<P mce_keep="true">hmmmm I think i'm just gonna pass on them i have heard they are also pretty expensive =\ and if so i don't wanna pay for soemthing that MIGHT reject DX and all these facts are kinda grossing me out lol</P>
    Septum
    Helix
    Lobes- 1/2"
    Conch - 8g
    Traguss
    Rook
    Daith

Retired:
    Tongue Web
    Belly Button

tumblr./animal tumblr./dark tumblr.

<P mce_keep="true">OP may be done with the thread, but I'm not. lol Rather than starting another thread, I'll just continue in here, if that's okay with the mods.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">I've been kinda considering a microdermal, and I'd still love to hear any good or bad experiences you've had with them. Any pics, too, would be great.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    <P mce_keep="true">Edit: I was on Anatometal's site, and I saw where they said that they have different kinds of micro heels. What's the difference between the standard base, 'hole-in-heel', 'shorter heel', and no hole?? Like why would a piercer pick one over the other? Does one heal better than the others?</P>
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

[quote user="wissabo"]</p>

OP may be done with the thread, but I'm not. lol Rather than starting another thread, I'll just continue in here, if that's okay with the mods.</p>

I've been kinda considering a microdermal, and I'd still love to hear any good or bad experiences you've had with them. Any pics, too, would be great.</p>

</p>

Edit: I was on Anatometal's site, and I saw where they said that they have different kinds of micro heels. What's the difference between the standard base, 'hole-in-heel', 'shorter heel', and no hole?? Like why would a piercer pick one over the other? Does one heal better than the others?</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

You've probably read/seen enough about my microdermals, but just to add my 2 cents in summary, I really love them and I think they're a great advance in the mod world. A lot of people talk about the risks of rejection and so on but I think like anything mod, if you think about placement carefully, get it done well by an experienced piercer with good quality jewellery and look after it well, you give yourself the best shot of healing something that's gonna look pretty and stay looking pretty </p>

</p>

As for the Anatometal bits, looking at the pics that's probably their standard base in most of them but there's one of a base with no holes (second row, third from the right) ...not sure why you would choose no holes TBH, even though a lot of people say the skin won't grow through the holes, why not have a shot? The heel is the shorter end, so if you want a hole in there as well, you can have one. I guess a shorter heel indicates just that and might be more appropriate for some placements than others, otherwise the heel might 'poke out'...those teardrop ones are probably a good example off the top of my head.</p>

</p>

I'm just about to update my post about needles v punches in the other thread with some info I found, but I won't double post it here, probably slightly off topic. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched, Scalpelled & Magnetised

I don't think it would be off topic. Which way is the better method? Needle or punch?
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

I dont think theres a better method, its what works better for each piercer and their clients... </p>

And I think the bases are soley a location thing... and how permanet the piercee wants them to be...
    </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

Closed Thread