+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Piercings and Leashes

Piercings and Leashes

Hi all! I'm considering getting a septum piercing for a specific reason: being able to attach a lightweight nylon leash to it now and again. I figure I'll go for a nice solid 10g segment or fixed
    bead ring in either steel or titanium so it won't be too tiny/thin, but will still heal up pretty
    quickly. I am thinking of getting pierced at 8g, then when I'm healed, using a
    clear parylene coated earskin in 8g for daily wear. When I feel like
    wearing the ring and leash, I figure I'll pop the 10g ring through the
    8g earskin in my septum and attach the leash to the ring.
    </p>

The questions I have for you lovely folks are:</p>

<ul>[*]

Have you ever attached a (very lightweight) leash to your septum
    ring, or to someone else's septum ring (or any other piercing)? Was it too
    heavy for the piercing, causing soreness, or did it work without
    problems?
    </p>[*]

What type of septum ring was used: segment ring, captive bead, fixed bead, or ... ? What gauge?
    </p>[*]From the various reviews on the thread, it looks like earskins are often used in septums, but I didn't see any reviews specifically stating they used other metal jewelry through the earskin in a septum. Do you think an 8g earskin in a septum with a 10g ring under light tension from a leash would split or tear, necessitating constant replacement?

[*]Also, does an 8g septum piercing require a dermal punch, or can it be done with a needle? Can a healing 8g septum piercing use a short 'staple style' retainer to stay out of sight? [/list]
    Thanks, folks! I appreciate it </p>

- Dee
    </p>

Re: Piercings and Leashes

a 10g ring may not be very comfortable in an 8g earskin -- while 10g plugs can fit through 8g earskins they're usually very tight, and due to the curve of the ring a 10g ring may not even fit. a 12g right should definitely fit. and while I don't have a septum piercing, I know of several people who prefer to wear a smaller-gauge ring through an earskin rather than an appropriately-sized ring since it allows for more movement. I'm sorry I'm no help with anything else you asked, but I thought I'd throw that out there. : )
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

I've actually fit 10g jewelry in 8g skins in my nose without any tightness or discomfort, but it might be a good idea to wait slightly longer after your septum is healed so the fistula can toughen up. Also, I think larger gauge jewelry would be safer than smaller gauges because a smaller gauge could cause a severe cheese-cutter effect if the leash is accidentally pulled too hard.

ETA: To answer the other questions, I doubt the earskins would tear, but it might get stretched out slightly in the long term. Also, an 8g septum piercing can be done with both a needle or punch. You might not be able to get it done straight at 8g with a needle if your sweet spot is too small though. A staple shaped retainer can be used, but I would recommend a plug instead, but mainly because I find that anything up my nose makes it itch (sensitive nose). </p>

Thanks, sapphiredonna and sundaisy! I appreciate your input &lt;3 </p>

piercings for such play should be WELL healed and toughened. Depending on your anatomy, you may not be able to get pierced at 8 g, which means you will have to stretch. Piercing--healing-stretching--healing--toughening . . . I don't mean to put you off, but may take a long time before your piercing is ready for use like this. I would look for a really good piercer with experience in BDSM piercings for this. </p>

[quote user="Cloud"]</p>

piercings for such play should be WELL healed and toughened. Depending on your anatomy, you may not be able to get pierced at 8 g, which means you will have to stretch. Piercing--healing-stretching--healing--toughening . . . I don't mean to put you off, but may take a long time before your piercing is ready for use like this. I would look for a really good piercer with experience in BDSM piercings for this. </p>

[/quote]</p>

This. I think a 12g or 10g titanium segment ring would do well for this, because of the light weight. I have not personally used a leash on my septum piercing but have done something similar with other piercings of mine. </p>

I saw a very similar post on another site this morning. If that was not you posting, and you'd like me to post some points from there, let me know.
    </p>

@Cloud - I'm going in tomorrow to discuss it with my piercer, but
    if I need to stretch up, I'm willing to wait. I'm very safe n' sane
    about my stretches!</p>@Rio - if you're talking about FL, yup, that was me

</p>

I've never attached a leash to my septum but I have hung a nearly half full can of soda from it.
    I don't know how long that'd feel long term but it was fine for a few minutes. </p>

I used to have a 6g earskin and it torn from using tweezers to put it in and take it out.
    They're nice and comfy and I'm really sad that it tore.
    Maybe I should've figured out a different way to put it in. :/
    Anyway, I don't think uniform pressure from the inside of an earskin will cause it to tear.
    Just make sure you don't yank or pinch from one spot and you should be fine.</p>

Out of curiosity, are you attaching one piercing to another or doing something.. more kinky?
    ;D
    </p>

[quote user="Iajik"]</p>

</p>

I used to have a 6g earskin and it torn from using tweezers to put it in and take it out.</p>

[/quote]</p>

this is OT, but they make rubber tipped tweezers and hemostats. Would these work?
    </p>

When I had issues getting one into my septum at smaller sizes with tweezers, id line up the earskin over the hole, and gently push, and it would usually slip right into place... </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

+ Reply to Thread