+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taper fits... plug won't.

Taper fits... plug won't.

<P mce_keep="true">So, I've always had difficult ears, I have been babying them from very small sizes in hopes of getting to only slightly-larger-sizes. Currently a 14g and have been for overa year, mylobes have generally been calm and things uneventful. So, I've been trying to stretch up to 12g, using steel tapers. The tapers go through perfectly in both ears. The plugs I bought- 12g colorfronts- will NOT go in hardly at all, even when following the tapers directly. I understand this is probably because of the rounder, thicker tip of the plugs, but, uh. Obviously something not working the way it should. </P>
    <P mce_keep="true">The tapers, as I said, go through super easily- no pressure or anything. I measured both the plugs and the tapers to make sure they're the right size. I got someone else to try to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. So what gives? Is there a plug safe to stretch with that would have a more tapered end? Any other suggestions? Because I've about had it with my ears and don't know what else to try. </P>

Re: Taper fits... plug won't.

What is your goal size? If your lobes are that difficult it may just be easier to have your lobes repierced at that size.
    </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

The ends of the plug should not be any thicker than the wearable area of the plug, unless you bought double-flared plugs...which would be bad (what kind did you buy?). If your ears are loose enough you may not need the taper at all and may just be able to "dead stretch" with the plug. This might be easier than trying to have it follow the taper, if that seems to be what's causing issues. Other than that I don't know of any plugs (anything meant to be worn as long term jewelry) that have more tapered ends. </p>

Are you holding the plug on the end of the taper (like an extension of the taper) and trying to slide both through in one clean motion? If not, give that a try. </p>

It can be tricky when everything is lubed up, though. </p>

They also sell tapers with concave ends that make this easier.
    </p>

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...?ProductID=949

more expensive than the normal tapers, but worth it. my ears are also extremely difficult to stretch and after several times I've found the the concave tapers are the way to go -- the plug fits into the end of the taper so all you have to do is slowly slide that sucker through.
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

<P mce_keep="true">Don't know if it's been mentioned, but make sure that the plug is the same size as the taper. I made the mistake of getting a 'stretching kit' from Hot Topic once, and the plugs were bigger than the taper! And they were blunt on the back. Try plugs with rounded backs. :-D</P>
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

I'd say your best bet is to get a 10g taper, and put the 12g plugs in after you put the taper through.
    Your ears will definatly be big enough to get that plug through.
    &amp;If you dont want to buy a new taper, Just, put the 12g through, and leave it in a while, and play with it while its in there.
    To make sure your ears will be good an stretchy when you try to get the plugs through (: </p>

I'd say your best bet is to get a 10g taper, and put the 12g plugs in after you put the taper through.

I would not recommend doing this. you're essentially skipping a size (going to 10g) and then downsizing. I think it's been mentioned before, but check out Glasswear Studio or Gorilla Glass colorfronts; both companies make a high-quality glass plug with a rounded end. if the tapers are slipping through without a problem, you should be able to use a bit of oil as a lubricant and just slip the plugs in. good luck!
    6g lobes
    various other piercings
    bunny tattoos! : D

ro: because my ass is like a flower garden

[quote user="StevenSavage"]</p>

&amp;If you dont want to buy a new taper, Just, put the 12g through, and leave it in a while, and play with it while its in there.
    To make sure your ears will be good an stretchy when you try to get the plugs through (: </p>

[/quote]</p>

Please check out the forum stretching guidelines and do not encourage unsafe stretching.
    </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

<blockquote>
    <p mce_keep="true">I have the same problem *removed* sells a high quality streching kit. Its justa bullet style metal plug but it fits inside the taper so it goes clean thru. Then after your ears get use to the new size you can put in your pretty glass plug with ease. This worked for me for streching 12-8 then i got bored with the metal and tried a taper with glass plug for my strech to 6g. I'll never do that again. Go for the taper that fits the plug just inside it.</p><p mce_keep="true"></p><p mce_keep="true">* please do not encourage shopping on other sites that sell the same products as BAF, the stretching kit can be found here. ~Ann*
    </p></blockquote>

+ Reply to Thread