Closed Thread

Thread: Cheek piercing questions.

Cheek piercing questions.

<P mce_keep="true">I am thinking about getting my cheeks pierced. I literally taped 5mm balls to my cheeks to see if I suited them.
    I've heard about the whole spit ducts being between your second and third molars but I suit them more toward my mouth; Maybe three/four teeth behind my canines.

But anyway I just want to know what the cons are about these piercings?
    Do they take longer than lip piercings to heal?
    What gauge jewellery are best suited for them? 14g or 16g?
    Any other info will do me great as I'd like a lot of research in mind before I take that step.
    </P>
    ☆ ;;
    1-1/2" lobsies
    14g ~ bridge, tongue x3
    16g ~ left ear x1, right ear x2, nostril, angelbites, snakebites, vertical labret

Re: Cheek piercing questions.

cheek piercings take longer to heal than the typical lip piercing because there is more flesh there, and it is thicker. so there is more healing that has to happen. i would say that both sixteen and fourteen gauge is too small, 12 or 10 would be better.
    The results thus far of being enraptured with evolving the body: 9mm lobes, 4 misc small gauge ear holes, 14g labret, 2x 16g nostrils, 10g septum, 12g center tongue, 14g right nipple, standard navel, 2x 10g inner labias, one microdermal just above my navel, 10 hours worth of blackwork/dotwork, and 5 hand poked tattoos.

I would agree with 12g sounding like a decent size.</p>

Does anyone here have these already? I would personally feel like complications would arise with everyday incidents such as accidentally biting the inside of the cheek while chewing food.</p>

I grind/clench my teeth in my sleep so I would probably never get them myself. When my mouth is completely closed, I have this habit of sucking in my cheeks to create sort of a "vacuum" in my mouth :/
    </p>
    Currently: 5/8" lobes, 2g conches, 2g septum, magnetic implant, tongue bifurication/frenectomy, ~27 hours of tattoo work

Planned: 14g philtrum, many more tattoos, lip reconstruction

My name is Brittany! :3

<P mce_keep="true">I took mine out after 3 years and 6 month, they never healed. And trust me I've used every single aftercare method out there...
    If I could say anything then MAYBE get Micro Dermals instead.... Cause cheek piercings rarely heals well... Unfortunetly..... </P>

<P mce_keep="true">[quote user="Asphyxia"]

I took mine out after 3 years and 6 month, they never healed. And trust me I've used every single aftercare method out there...
    If I could say anything then MAYBE get Micro Dermals instead.... Cause cheek piercings rarely heals well... Unfortunetly..... </P>

[/quote]

It's the same with bridge piercings, they rarely heal because of the high rate of rejection (as I've read on wikipedia).

I'm a bit iffy with micros and seeing as my piercer does not do them I'd have to find someone else to do them and living here in New Zealand they are pretty behind on body modifications such as the bridge, venoms, septum and all those other 'uncommon' piercings so it could be pretty difficult for me to find someone really well trained in doing micros</P>
    ☆ ;;
    1-1/2" lobsies
    14g ~ bridge, tongue x3
    16g ~ left ear x1, right ear x2, nostril, angelbites, snakebites, vertical labret

I have had mine for about 5 months now. After about 3 months I started
    getting fluid pockets that I have to drain every other week or so.
    Everyone I know who has them is plagued with the same problem, but I
    guess some people get them, some don't. They are my finickiest
    piercings I have ever had, and that says a lot. I currently have 12ga 3/4" labret studs in, but sometimes I have to put PTFE in when they get super pissy.I have yet to see a dimple form. I mean I have the tiniest dimpling going on, but no where near what I wanted. I love them all the same though and hope they heal up after a year or so.. If you get them good luck! []</p>

Almost everyone on the forum advised me against them. Being my stubborn self, I decided I'd get them pierced, if they failed try microdermals. I had mine pierced with inch PTFE bars. I swelled ALOT, however once the initial swelling went down, they were PERFECT. Honestly, the easiest piercing I've had. Just had a few trips back to the piercer to cut down the bars for me. I know compared to most I'm very lucky, but if you really want them, I'd go for it. Good luck.

I research my piercings a lot before I get them too... Sorry this is a little late reply since you asked this a few months ago.</p>

</p>

I have cheek/dimple piercings. I used 12 gauge. The best place for a dimple piercing and to prevent the saliva gland issue is to find where your natural dimple would be (located between the 3 facial muscles in your cheeks, is a 'soft spot'). Go to a piercer who has done it before or has them himself/herself. They are more likely to know wtf they're doing. That's what I did.</p>

</p>

I had a labret and lane piercing prior to the dimples, the cheeks take about twice as long to heal. I never really 'bit' down on mine after I changed them out to a tighter fit (about 2 days after the initial piercing- we gave a lot of leeway just in case it swelled, but I didn't swell very much). Cleanliness is key, as with all piercings especially mouth related piercings. Keep in mind it's a high movement area so that inhibits healing.</p>

If possible, and it is harder to find in the gauge needed but well worth it, find some teflon (PTFE or Bioflex) jewelry for healing as they are biocompatible and do not contribute to infection, makes healing time much quicker. Also, having teflon jewelry makes it easier to disguise the piercings if you are like me and you have a corporate office job where everyone is prejudice against people with piercings. It makes it easier to prove you can 'look boring' when necessary, and (what I did) prove you're an indispensable employee regardless of the social connotations associated with 'piercings'.</p>

</p>

Have fun, and wear it well. If you have any further questions message me.</p>

<u>
    DO NOT REVIVE DEAD OLD THREADS
    </u>

If
    a thread goes more than a month without posts, it's probably dead. So
    please don't revive it unless the post is absolutely necessary and
    relevant to the thread. Reviving old threads with a simple "agreement"
    will probably be locked.
    </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

Closed Thread