+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Large Gauge Tongue Barbells

Large Gauge Tongue Barbells

I know this is a message board for BAF, but I need help desperately! I keep getting acrylic barbells ('cause they're cheap) but they end up breaking (or the threading strips). I had a black steel barbell that stripped and I had the ball crazy glued together. Tonight it decided to just die on me. I tried gluing it several times but no no avail.
    </p>

I know there are several wonderful companies on BAF who have offered to make me a custom barbell, but I am really strapped for cash. Right now I have a 2 gauge (or 4 gauge) acrylic barbell with 100 layers of tape on it. I'm in dire straits here! Has anyone ordered from Tribalectic? I'm looking at a 00 gauge stainless steel barbell for just under $50 (US). </p>

I've had companies offer to make me a nice stainless steel barbell with smartie beads for nearly $100. They're respectable companies, but I just cannot afford that until I start working again (and pay off my mastercard.</p>

I'm just trying to get my tongue as big as possible before splitting it. I might get a second barbell near the tip of my tongue, stretch that some, then split it. Then I'll have a split tongue and a stretched hole. That way I can decide whether I want to split it more, or keep both. The largest barbell I can find is 7/16" and I can get it one inch in length for just over $50 (US). So many people have teflon/PTFE plugs in their tongues on BME, but o-rings just slide out of mine. I can ONLY use barbells.</p>

Someone help me.
    </p>

Re: Large Gauge Tongue Barbells

<P mce_keep="true">Titanium?</P>

have you tried glass? with tight orings? or two orings?</p>

also if you choose to use jewelry with orings you have to change them about once a month, be them silicone, EPDM (black food grade) or Buna (black industrial grade) because they will loosen over time.</p>

</p>
    Ryan
    CEO
    Glasswear Studios

I have not tried glass, but I am now checking your website! </p>

Michelle, come to me and I will just wear your finger in my tongue.
    </p>

Do you think the conch or labret jewelry would work with tight o-rings?
    </p>

<P mce_keep="true">Have you tried these?From what I've heard they stay on really well. If the conch pins are long enough I'm sure you could wear one of those and use the x-rings and that would probably stay on well.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    <P mce_keep="true">Or my finger. I think that's probably your best option </P>

[quote user="LifeIsArt"]</p>

Or my finger. I think that's probably your best option </p>

[/quote]</p>

Whoa. hahah You crack me up!
    </p>
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

What about waiting to continue stretching until you can afford good jewelry? Other than that, I second the glass. </p>

The next piece of jewelry I get will be good, but not $100. If I have to spend $50 (or less) then I don't mind. The next piece of jewelry will be the one I wear for quite some time, and I will probably use it to stretch more with teflon tape until it gets to a certain size. </p>

EDIT: Mr. Wong sent me the link to Painful Pleasures. They have 00 internally threaded barbells for under $20.</p>

I am tempted to try glass, though. Barbells past 00 gauge are a little chunky looking, especially the balls. I could order smartie beads for them, but I think I want to try a glass conch plug. </p>

Tribalectic offers really cheap stainless steel barbells, but after 00 they only provide ball ends. Again, I can order smartie beads... but I would have order them from a different site and I would just rather order jewelry and wear it right away.
    </p>

Okay, I just sold a guitar and got a day's pay from a doctor's office. I can spend a good chunk of money on a tongue ring and this is what I've narrowed it down to:
    </p>***Two links removed. Please do not directly link to products similar to those in BAF's stock. Thanks. -Axon***

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...67&amp;index=2</p>

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...80&amp;index=5</p>

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?jewelry=plugs&amp;gauge=00g&amp ;flare_type=&amp;brand=&amp;price=&amp;material=Gl ass&amp;date=&amp;restock=&amp;new=&amp;keywords=& amp;orderby=&amp;RecordDisplay=&amp;Filter=Yes&amp ;out=yes&amp;preorders=yes&amp;ProductID=6378&amp; index=7
    </p>

https://www.glasswearstudios.com/PDG...colors_lrg.jpg</p>

I suppose I could order a barbell and a glass conch plug. If the glass doesn't work out, I'll have my barbell. With the barbell, I will be ordering smartie beads for them. I didn't think I'd find as much jewelry as my tongue is too thick. Most 00 gauge barbells I come across are 1/2" in length. I need at least 3/4", but I try for 7/8" for comfort. </p>

+ Reply to Thread