+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KIDS with stretched lobes.

KIDS with stretched lobes.

So, I work at a waterpark as a lifeguard and look at people all day and I have noticed that so many young kids have stretched ears. Today I saw a group of boys around the age of 11-13 with lobes bigger than 8mm. And so many boys and girls with tapers in there ears. Part of me wishes that stretching your ears was age regulated like piercings and tattoos. I know there would be ways to get around it, but atleast maybe people wouldn't take stretching so lightly. I guess I'm just sort of frustrated because I don't think many people realize that stretching is permanent.
    </p>

Re: KIDS with stretched lobes.

Times change, and some plastic surgeons are going to be rich motherfuckers.
    </p>

Sooooooooooooooo true! Not everyone is capable of committing to large lobes, it depends upon whether you will like them forever and what you decide to do for a living and if you are prepared to be nice to them for the rest of your life. A kid of that age simply cannot make that commitment and know it will work out for them, and with how fast they go the cat ass and blowouts will mean they wont even be pretty[] Poor kids... </p>
    "This Too / Shall Pass" Across Wrists in White Ink | 1g First Lobes (goal) | 8g Second Lobes (goal) | 14g Conch | 14g Helix | 14g Tongue

I saw my 11 y/o nephew with 14 g circular barbells. I asked him if he was stretching his lobes. He said he wasn't anymore and was planning on staying at that size. I told him to be careful.</p>

But on another note, now I know what to get him for Christmas. Lol!
    </p>

<P mce_keep="true">I agree, but at the same time, if they weren't allowed to buy the right tools &amp;all that jazz, they'd end up messing up their lobes even more.
    I'd rather see them with tapers than pen caps or pencils or something, ya know?</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tapers or pencaps...I say neither....</P>
    wissaho: Does this count as an Indian Summer?
    ashley: Not until someone drowns in a pool of sweat and curry.

I have to wonder where the parents are when all of this is going on and what (if anything) they're doing to try and correct the behavior. That really disturbs me...I don't expect kids to have the insight to know it's a bad idea, but isn't that what parents are for? </p>

It's possible that they could be wearing 'fake' ear jewelry, like this kinda stuff,</p>which
    at least lets them get the 'taper stuck halfway through your ear' look
    without having to stretch... But I wonder what happens when young teens
    see someone with one of those fake tapers, but doesn't know its a fake
    one... Off to the piercing shop to get a 8g acrylic taper to shove
    through their 18g lobes??[:|]
    13mm lobes, full conch removals, 10mm labret, 6mm septum, 3mm 'halfadravya'/Rev PA, 2mm tragi

[quote user="Rodger"]</p>

It's possible that they could be wearing 'fake' ear jewelry, like this kinda stuff,</p>which
    at least lets them get the 'taper stuck halfway through your ear' look
    without having to stretch... But I wonder what happens when young teens
    see someone with one of those fake tapers, but doesn't know its a fake
    one... Off to the piercing shop to get a 8g acrylic taper to shove
    through their 18g lobes??[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure if they were the real thing, but the kid that i saw with the bigger lobes were wearing eyelets. I thought the same thing and i really hope they were fake, but i don't think they were. Some of them even ask what size i stretched from to get to my size. I tell them that i never skipped a size and that i did it over 3 years time and they look at me like I'm stupid. It's so irritating.

Isn't a crappy acrylic taper that some kid has taken home and stuck in their ear with vaseline without washing it about as bad as a pen cap anyway?</p>

There really should be some kind of harm minimisation strategy going on, like people advocate for with sex ed. But just like sex ed schools wouldn't do it properly because staff and parents would feel it was encouraging kids to do it. It would be so cool for like a pro piercer or something, someone really cool kids could relate to, to go around schools showing slideshows of blowouts and split ears and infections and talking about possible repercussions and peer pressure etc and giving sound advice for kids who are determined to do it. Ahhhh what fun dreams are...[^o)]
    </p>
    "This Too / Shall Pass" Across Wrists in White Ink | 1g First Lobes (goal) | 8g Second Lobes (goal) | 14g Conch | 14g Helix | 14g Tongue

+ Reply to Thread