+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyrex Glass vs. Gorilla Glass?

Pyrex Glass vs. Gorilla Glass?

Are one of these glass makers actually have better quality glass than the other or pros and cons with one another? or They are just as good
    </p>
    Mods: 1 1/4" Lobes, retired septum, retired snakebites
    www.Tricktrack.org : Fernandez
    StraightEdge

Re: Pyrex Glass vs. Gorilla Glass?

Pyrex it a type of glass, specifically borosillicate (sp?) and Gorilla is a company name, though they may use soda-lime glass. Both are inert and should hold up equally as jewelry, pryrex may be slightly more impact resistant, though not necesarily all of the time.
    </p>

well besides the durablit, is there a difference in the material such as "pyrex heals better than the gg plugs" or they are pretty much the same? </p>
    Mods: 1 1/4" Lobes, retired septum, retired snakebites
    www.Tricktrack.org : Fernandez
    StraightEdge

No, they are both inert.
    </p>

They are both basically the same, I think they have different melting points, but I think you'd have more issues than glass melting in your lobes if you're near anything that hot. </p>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

[quote user="bluebananaeater"]</p>

They are both basically the same, I think they have different melting points, but I think you'd have more issues than glass melting in your lobes if you're near anything that hot. </p>

[/quote]</p>

HA!
    </p>
    'twould be folly to mistake my kindness for weakness.

Mods: 1/2" lobes; 12g Vertical nipples; 10g VCH; 12g Triangle; 8g tongue. Full sleeve + 10 other tattoos; tribal scarification
    Future mods: Phoenix tattoo

Read my Blog: Waking From A Mean Sleep

Soda lime glass comes in more colors, and is a softer glass. Pyrex has boron added, so colors are less likely to leech, because it bonds in a stronger way to the metal molecules that make it pretty colored. This is usually never a big issue with good quality jewelry though. It is also more durable and less likely to scratch. Both can be autoclaved and are safe for healing piercings.</p>

</p>

Gorilla glass makes lovely jewelry, and I believe they use both pyrex and soda lime. </p>

<P mce_keep="true">if your gonna be close enough to a heat that will melt glass in your ears...you wont be worrying about your ears at the time hahahaha adwoa hahahahaha</P>

I'm not sure if it's this way for everyone, but GG plugs make my ears weepy, and make my conches and nostrils crust like hell. I have no problems with GWS
    </p>

Borosilicate glass does that to my ears if I wear it for too long, never has with pyrex though. I change my plugs a lot usually, but my septum hates it and adores pyrex. </p>

+ Reply to Thread