+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How soon can i change my septum jewellery?

How soon can i change my septum jewellery?

<P mce_keep="true">I just got my septum done thursday, and i hate the jewellery the piercer used. He said to come back in 2 weeks and he would change it, but i think that is WAY too soon. So when is it safe to change it? Im thinking 1-2 months. Theres no way im messing with it while its sore like this!</P>

Re: How soon can i change my septum jewellery?

I went back and had mine changed within 2 weeks of it being pierced, and it was no problem at all. Otherwise, I'd wait 2-3 months.

<P mce_keep="true">I can't go back anyways because its 100+ miles away and i'm broke now. I think i'll just wait it out, until it's healed. Or at least until its not tender and sore. I just have to get this huge cbr out of my nose, i hate the way it looks. I need to get a cbb in it, so i can flip it up and have it out of the way while its healing.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">At least a few months, and this could have easily gone in your thread about getting it pierced... </P>
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

i think the septum is very cute on you, but i agree, i don't like the jewelry its wayy too big for your nose.
    I find unique fabrics and make beautiful things with it
    www.goldstitchesfashion.com

<P mce_keep="true">sorry, i thought it'd get answered quicker here. My bad.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Btw, i had one other question, should i use dial soap twice a day? that is what the piercer said. But i've heard everyone on here saying they only did sea salt soaks. So for the past 2 days since i got it, i've only been doing sea salt soaks. Is the dial necessary? I would think it would just irritate it more. Wouldn't sss be enough to do for it?</P>

you're right, it probably will irritate it more. stick to SSS and leaving it alone and all should be right in the world.</p>

</p>

when i got mine done, the jewelry looked ridiculous, too. </p>

</p>

oh and, i don't really understand how one would be able to shove soap into thier nose.
    </p>

I never used soap on my septum.

I was about to ask the very same question on when to change septum jewelry (got it pierced two months ago, it's already healed with no crusting or pain whatsoever, plan on changing it in a month or so to be safe).</p>

As for aftercare, LITHA worked perfectly for mine. I'd think soap would be overkill.
    </p>
    MODS: 6g left lobe, 4g right lobe, 16g anti-tragus, 10g septum, three tattoos
    RETIRED: 16g helix, 14g industrial, 18g second lobe
    FUTURE: 0g lobe goal size, 4g conch, always more tattoos

+ Reply to Thread