+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stretching nipples

Stretching nipples

My nipples aren't old enough to consider stretching yet, so I'm asking this out of curiosity/for future purposes. I did a search but wasn't able to find anything really.</p>

How long after the initial piercing is it recommended to wait, and how long should the wait time be between gauges? Mine were pierced at 14g and I just want to stretch them to either 12 or 10 eventually because I'd feel more comfortable knowing they were at a slightly larger/more secure size. </p>

Re: Stretching nipples

I would give them a minimum of 6 months to a year for the first stretch. After that, 2-3 months should be fine. </p>
    Owner: Industrial Primitives Training for the Body Art Industry
    Piercer: 23rd Street Body Piercing

Piercer, Modification Artist, Instructor, Consultant, All Around Fabulous Person (no, really I am)

And I have more motion sensor toys than you!

http://www.IndustrialPrimitives.com
    http://www.23sbp.com
    http://www.safepiercing.org

I was thinking of stretching mine, too. I was also pierced at 14g, and it would just make me feel better when they're...er...played with...if I the barbells were thicker. The cheese cutter effect terrifies me... </p>

Yes, exactly. The cheese cutter effect, while undesirable, isn't that scary when it's my ear or something we're talking about. My nips? Yeah, a little more frightening..</p>

</p>

Thanks Rick!</p>

I'm also interested in this...I'm at 14g, but there's not all that much room for stretching, tiny area to work with in the first place. Would going up a size or two cause issues with thinning tissue? I'm concerned about cheese cutter, but also thinning tissue is not good either. </p>

Haha, I was actually just wondering the same thing myself. Mine were pierced almost a year ago now, but they're still pissy pretty much all of the time and I'm wondering if it's because they're 14g. I've tried both LITHA and LIMA (salt soaks 2x/day and satin soap in the shower every morning) and nothing works. At first I thought it was that the barbells were very slightly too short, but that was fixed about 2 months ago and they're still not happy. They're PTFE, so it shouldn't be a material-quality issue. I don't want to have to retire them because I love them, but I'm getting married in July and my future husband doesn't want to have to treat me like I'm breakable, haha!</p>

Would they be ok to stretch to 12 even if they're not too happy at the moment? </p>

+ Reply to Thread