+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I hate uneducated people...

I hate uneducated people...

So I was at the store today with my friend because she wanted some tongue rings. So this places sells plugs as well (way overpriced-- but thats besides the point) & I saw this girl with her dad she was buying tapers and i stood by her curious and asked "are you going up a size or staying there?" and she said "Oh I'm staying here." (she's at a 4g) && I was like "oh then how come your buying tapers? You shouldn't wear those as jewelry there mainly to help stretch" *blank stare* then she continues by saying "oh really... how long did it take you to get to your size?" Me.. "a year in a half" then she says "oh my god! I just started like 2 weeks ago"

I wanted to smack her... but all i said was "your going to get blowouts if you keep going that fast" && she left lol. I don't think she even knew what a blowout is.

people are DUMB!

SO then i had to ask the guy who worked there about his ears... because he didn't seem to know anything either.. he was at like a 2g, and i asked him how long he waited between stretches and he goes "man it ALWAYS hurts me!" && I say "oh really how long are you waiting between stretches??" and he says "2 weeks"

At this point I wanted to burst out laughing. I just was like "oooooooook bye" lol

wtf

Re: I hate uneducated people...

Yeah, wtf indeed.

On a positive note, I talked to a guy yesterday during jury selection (well, not DURING it, but during recess during selection) about stretching. He kept looking at me funny and I was like O.o until he finally said, "your earrings, do they...clip together?"

"Oh no, they go all the way thru *takes out jewelry to show him my naked lobe*"

"THAT'S SO NEAT!"

After which I whipped out my gauge card, explained some things and directed him to baf if he wanted to stretch. It was nice not meeting either someone who would have screamed "eww"/grabbed my jewelry or said something stupid like, "so, do you like, gauge those with pinchers or what?".

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Raven

Yeah, wtf indeed.

On a positive note, I talked to a guy yesterday during jury selection (well, not DURING it, but during recess during selection) about stretching. He kept looking at me funny and I was like O.o until he finally said, "your earrings, do they...clip together?"

"Oh no, they go all the way thru *takes out jewelry to show him my naked lobe*"

"THAT'S SO NEAT!"

After which I whipped out my gauge card, explained some things and directed him to baf if he wanted to stretch. It was nice not meeting either someone who would have screamed "eww"/grabbed my jewelry or said something stupid like, "so, do you like, gauge those with pinchers or what?".
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

lmao, @ "so, do you like, gauge those with pinchers or what?"

Well that's cool that he wasn't all freaked out by it. Some people are just stupid.

I've had guests at my work comment a few times a handful complimented my plugs and some others were like "why do you do that?" lol

People are indeed dumb. A girl in my class today complained about how her friend grabbed her "Gauges" and tore them. Since when is a 14g cbr considered a "gauge"...for that matter since when is jewelry considered a unit of measurement. [:-banghead]

why hate them? just because they don't know something doesn't make them incapable of changing and learning. i carry extra baf cards around with me and give them to people who don't know as much as they should. that way they become educated. no reason to hate, just educate.

I really fail to see what the huge deal is.I can see being upset if she had said something derogatory, but she didn't. If she wants to be stupid let her, or better yet nicely try to educate her. Not everyone knows everything and getting worked up over it doesn't do much.

just my two cents.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LindseyLIKEwoah

I really fail to see what the huge deal is.I can see being upset if she had said something derogatory, but she didn't. If she wants to be stupid let her, or better yet nicely try to educate her. Not everyone knows everything and getting worked up over it doesn't do much.

just my two cents.

i just think that if people want to stretch they should educate them self first before starting.. just annoying seeing dumb people who think they know what they are doing but really don't..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

i just think that if people want to stretch they should educate them self first before starting.. just annoying seeing dumb people who think they know what they are doing but really don't..

Not everyone has the resources or knows where to look. They are more apt to listen if you are nice about it.

Skyla: in a perfect world, everyone would educate themselves before making decisions like that. but body modification is not mainstream enough for it to be commonsense knowledge that there are resources for them to turn to.

when i started stretching i was clueless. i did things the wrong way and was lucky enough to not fuck myself up in the process. it wasn't until someone pointed me towards this site for jewelry that i realized i had messed up. should i be banned from stretching further, just because i went too quickly once upon a time? i should hope not. the last few years i've learned a pile about stretching and piercings, all because someone was kind enough to direct me in the right direction.

maybe you were one of the few that actually educated themselves before taking that step forward, but many of us did not.

I'm not trying to come off all high and mighty or anything, but before I even started stretching I did a basic search on-line and got some good information there. I actually found this website through one of my bodymod groups on myspace. I can understand it if someone has been stretching for awhile and did not have the info in the beginning, but nowadays I find it hard to make excuses for people not willing to do their research.

+ Reply to Thread