+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inner wrist tattoo troubles

Inner wrist tattoo troubles

Hi all,

Wanted to see what you guys know about the subject of inner wrist tattoos.

Long story but, in mid-December I had a small heart tattooed on my inner wrist (maybe a little less than 1/2" square) in a magenta-ish color. I went to a reputable shop and the artist who did it had a good portfolio so I figured something so simple would be no problem.

Got home and cared for it like I did my other tattoos...only this time I experienced things that had never happened before. First off, it oozed color and a little blood much more than any of my other ones. Then the scabbing started and it was reallllly heavy. It looked like crap - like a cigarette burn. I thought perhaps I was having a reaction to the red ink, but I have red elsewhere on my body and it was fine. I went to the shop about 2 weeks later to show the artist and he said perhaps he went too deep...or maybe I banged it around (but I had been v. careful)...either way, he said to wait about another month and a half and then come in for a re-do/touch up. The time went by and it seemed as healed as it was going to get. Slight scarring...I think. Not sure. Anyhow...

I did that about 2 and a half weeks ago. Granted, it looks better this time and is healing more normally...but it's still weird. It's fuzzy along the outline and the outline (though all done in the same color) is more prominent. It's almost like the inside is a crater (though not that deep!). Ugh. I have to say, the first time it healed better in the long run than I thought it would...the edges seemed to get more crisp after a month or so...but should I still be worried?

I've heard you can expect a touch up with wrist tattoos...and I really had high hopes for the second time to fix it all. But it still seems a little splotchy and just not what I was hoping for. I think if after it fully heals and it's still not how I wanted, I may just go to a different shop altogether and pay to have them re-do it AGAIN.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?? I take good care of my tattoos and always do the proper aftercare - I can't understand why this one is being so bitchy to me and taking forever to heal. Any thoughts? I really appreciate it.

Re: Inner wrist tattoo troubles

my first tattoo is on my wrist and the lines are a little fuzzy too, and none of my other tattoos look like that( it could of been the artist though not a very reputable shop...) but other than that i never had any other problems with mine

i have two heart tattoos, one on the top of each wrist, and i am really not that happy with mine. from arms length they look good, but close up the lines are wonky and the colour is patchy, and one of them has healed with the outline completely raised to the touch. i think maybe you should leave it to heal for a longer time, and continue with aftercare and maybe oil massages to see if the bumps go down. that's all i think of, i'm afraid. good luck!

Thanks guys. I've been massaging it with emu oil which will hopefully help with any scarring, but we'll see. Interesting that your outline is raised too, Princess Liv!

yeah, i find it weird that only one of mine is, whereas the other one is perfectly fine! needless to say, i'm not getting another tattoo at that place, they also messed up my industrial (pierced wonky) and said my tongue was unpiercable (got it done two weeks later at my current piercer and it was fine...) sigh!

Definitely strange! Were the 2 of them dne at the same time in the same shop then?

I guess inner wrists can be tougher areas to heal because, no matter how careful we are, the skin is going to move around a lot more just because of the location...but I still find it so odd. Mine sounds like yours in a way...looks fine from a bit away, but close up you notice the slight flaws. Hmm..maybe (hopefully) it will crisp up as it continues to heal. I gues sI'll just have to wait and see :/

yeah i got them both done at the same time by the same guy at the same place. one hurt way more than the other, so maybe he went deeper into the skin on one or something.
    i agree with what you said, i moved my wrists quite a bit when they were healing because i figured that if it didn't hurt it, it was ok. now i probably realise that just cos it didn't hurt doesn't mean it wasn't affecting the healing. hope it works out for you [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread