+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what gauge size should I start with?

what gauge size should I start with?

<font face="Arial Black"></font id="Arial Black"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">
    I just have regular piercings in my ears. if I want to begin stretching what size should I start with? I'm guessing 16 or 14 would be ok, wouldn't it?<font face="Arial Black"></font id="Arial Black"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">

Re: what gauge size should I start with?

I'm guessing you had your ears gunned a couple years ago?
    Then if so, 14 should be good, 16 if they're not stretchy.

seconded. i wouldn't go any larger than 14 right now. try out 16g first, just to make sure. if there is still air around the jewelry when you gently pull it downward, you might be able to fit a 14g piece in. take it slow, use a lubricant, and if it feels too tight or hurts, go back down a size.

good luck and happy stretching!

Don't skip sizes. If you're at 18g, go to 16g. If you're at 20g, go to 18g first.

ya but its so small of a jump

I would start with a 16g and see how that fits... when I started stretching I could fit a 12g in my holes, but I wouldnt recomend it. I didnt know any better at the time...
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by renegade5589

ya but its so small of a jump
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    Someone at 0g could tell someone at 12g that 8g was a small jump, because it's 1mm. The differences in sizes go up as the gauge gets bigger for a reason; it's about proportion.

Don't skip sizes.

yeah, try a 16. if that's loose, try a 14. I had my first holes gunned for about 10 years before i started stretching, and after that amount of time constantly wearing earrings, my holes were about a 14g. but that might not be how yours are, so make sure you listen to your body and don't shove anything in.

You've already been given a lot of good information, but how long have your ears been pierced? If it's been a long time they might have stretched naturally from weight of different types of earrings over time, but start off with no bigger than a 14g. If it hurts too much, don't keep trying. DUH. Our bodies use pain as a way to let us know when something isn't right.

<font face="Arial Black"></font id="Arial Black"><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">
    Thanx so much!. this forum is great. [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]. I never thought I'd get so many responses so quickly. my ears have been pierced for two years now. I'm gonna try the 16g and see how that goes.

+ Reply to Thread