+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Septum bump

Septum bump

I have had a bump forming on one side of my septum, which judging by previous experience and everything else I have seen, would assume it is hypertropic scarring. The jewelry I was pierced with, a 10g retainer I would guess to be the cause, as the wearable area seemed too small as well as it was curved, putting excessive pressure on one side. The bump is on the top, forcing that side of the jewelry down, making it seem uneven. Not even a week ago now, I switched it out for a 10g GWS pyrex retainer.

Anyways, as far as treatment goes, I'm curious as to what you all recommend - I've heard everything from aspirin paste, to chamomile tea soaks, to tea tree oil. Would downsizing be a possible treatment as well? I almost bought a bottle of tea tree oil for it, but I saw a warning NOT to use it on mucous membrane. I'm just more hesitant to use things on my septum than I would be for something like a cartilage piercing...
    By the way, I've been doing 1 or 2 SSS a day, 10-15 min in length.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Septum bump

How long have you had the piercing? Is there any puss in the bump? I had the exact same issue: a bump forming on one side, that I attribute to extra pressure being applied there. I noticed when I tried fussing with it a lot, it only made the bump worse. I gave up after awhile, left the retainer flipped up, and did not touch it at all for two weeks, and it receded.
    Time doesn't stop, doesn't wait, doesn't stay. - Idan Raichel

Re: Septum bump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nebula

How long have you had the piercing? Is there any puss in the bump? I had the exact same issue: a bump forming on one side, that I attribute to extra pressure being applied there. I noticed when I tried fussing with it a lot, it only made the bump worse. I gave up after awhile, left the retainer flipped up, and did not touch it at all for two weeks, and it receded.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The piercing is probably just over 2 months now. I've had the bump ATLEAST 3 weeks, probably more. When the bump was originally forming, there was liquid in it - so I would drain it somewhat via SSS. Lately it has been pretty dry, probably due to the soaks.

+ Reply to Thread