+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bump around right ear lobe piercing. (see pics)

Bump around right ear lobe piercing. (see pics)

Hi,

I had 14g captive rings on my left and right ear lobes. about 5 weeks ago I stretched to 12g IS steel ear plugs (no problems there. the plugs slided in with no resistance whatsoever). My left ear lobe has been pierced for years so that's just perfect but I had pierced my right ear lobe just a month before I stretched. My right ear lobe hadn't totally healed but since it was such a small jump in sizes I didn't think it would matter. Now there is a bump (like a little ball) right around the piercing .I remember having a similar issue when I had my left ear lobe pierced and all I did was squeezing the liquid out and it healed fine. well, I tried doing the same thing on my right ear lobe, it swelled overnight and then went back to how it was before. if you look at the picture it doesn't look bad, you can't even tell there is this bump around the piercing but every time i take the jewelry off liquid comes out and it smells funny and if i squeeze it I get a little blood (more like redish water). It doesn't hurt. I'm a little concerned because it doesn't seem to be healing or planning on going away any time soon. I take the jewelry off once a day to clean, is that wrong? any ideas of what it is or how to get rid of it?

[img]mainuploadsfolder/berserk0015/2007971131_ear1.JPG [/img]

[img]mainuploadsfolder/berserk0015/2007971142_ear2.JPG [/img]

Re: Bump around right ear lobe piercing. (see pics)

stop removing your jewelry and no stretching until it is healed. well healed. You shouldn't be stretching for probably a good 6 months. Unless you want to tear it like you did when you went to 12g.
    q
    Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.

"Why?? Because my parents said BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE, and this is what I want to be." :: Bob Flanagan

yeah b4 i started gauging my lobes i had had my ears pierced like 5 timessince i was a baby and i had the same ball in my ear but it never went away and now its like scar tissue... but i dont have a problem with it when i stretch my lobes b/c... i dont know how to explain it but it just moves out of the way.....but its different for everyone

If you had them gunned that many times no wonder there's scarring...

yeah its b/c i was elergic to nickel and and everytime i got my ears pierced they got infected and i didnt realize my problem till later on then i started wearing titanium and steel

Thanks for your replies. I wont remove the jewelry anymore and I'll give it time.

i've had my lobes done from being young and i can leave them out for months at a time without them closing.
    just mine seem to have a few abnormalities on them but prehaps this is due to the fact that they closed up twice and then were repierced through somewhere different to before. on my right lobe all of them are off centre so although they're nice and healed to expand i wouldn't consider it, also when i expanded my left lobe it kind of "popped" through to another previous hole.
    these were all gunned.
    you really just need to baby your lobe.
    is the lump soft or harder?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xLEANNEx

i've had my lobes done from being young and i can leave them out for months at a time without them closing.
    just mine seem to have a few abnormalities on them but prehaps this is due to the fact that they closed up twice and then were repierced through somewhere different to before. on my right lobe all of them are off centre so although they're nice and healed to expand i wouldn't consider it, also when i expanded my left lobe it kind of "popped" through to another previous hole.
    these were all gunned.
    you really just need to baby your lobe.
    is the lump soft or harder?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

did it cause a problem when it popped through to the previous hole cause i have a previous hole from when i was little which took years to completly close and now is scarred now but i was wondering if it would be a problem as i continue to stretch?

does it hurt to touch

+ Reply to Thread