+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Almond oil and tea tree

Almond oil and tea tree

My friend Quinton got his eyebrow pierced.
    And they told him to put almond oil and tea tree oil on it.
    Straight tea tree, I told him not too. I'm not too sure about almond oil though.
    Anyway, I told him to LITHA and do seas salt soaks, explained to him how to.
    He doesn't believe me and is going to use what they told him too.
    Meh, I'm letting him learn the hard way.

Anyway, my question is, almond oil- good or bad?
    Ayla <3

1/2" lobes, 4g seconds, 14g conches, 14g nipples, 14g tongue, 20g nostril, 8g septum, 14g standard and inverse navel, 14g VCH
    Tattooed - 12.5hrs

Re: Almond oil and tea tree

As far as I know, emu oil is the only oil one can use on a fresh piercing. Personally, I'd do sea salt soaks and maybe put emu oil on it.

Yeah, I recomend just sea salt soaks and satin soap...and maybe emu oil. But I healed my nipple piercings just with soap and occational soaks, and they are perfect. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

are you sure they didn't mean for him to cut the tto with the almond oil? that would make more sense to me.

Tea Tree Oil is an antiseptic, so in theory, it's okay to put on a fresh piercing.

Except it's REALLY fucking strong, and has been known to strip paint off of counters before.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

There's no reason for him to be putting tea tree oil or anything other than sea salt soaks providing it's not actually irritated. Tea tree oil is too strong to be used as just regular aftercare IMO. I doubt it'll have any bad side effects though really, it just might take longer to heal. The tea tree oil might cause extra irritation though...it dries my piercings out hardcore whenever I've used it to help get rid of bumps.

Also, it stinks. [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dramaxx

are you sure they didn't mean for him to cut the tto with the almond oil? that would make more sense to me.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    I asked him that, and my mum suggested that, but he said no, they said tea tree on a cotton bud and use it to clean the piercing.
    ew.
    Ayla <3

1/2" lobes, 4g seconds, 14g conches, 14g nipples, 14g tongue, 20g nostril, 8g septum, 14g standard and inverse navel, 14g VCH
    Tattooed - 12.5hrs

i think tea tree would hurt, its very strong. it can be used to clean cuts and is antiseptic and antifungal. i use tea tree soap on my piercings but i dont put the essential oil on full strength unless i have a bump and my piercing isnt tender anymore. it really works womders on my bumps though, i think its because its so drying. it would be hard on a fresh piercing. as for almond oil, i never put anything goopy or residuey on my fresh piercings, it just seems like it would trap bacteria and debris.

+ Reply to Thread