+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My ball of scar tissue

My ball of scar tissue

so my 12 gauge fresh ear piercing feel out in my sleep and the hole closed, I am wanting to get it repierced but have a ball of scar tissue, will doing massages really break it down so it is safe to repierce or will I just have to give it time to break down on its own?

thanks for the help

Re: My ball of scar tissue

Massages will help ALOT. Emu, olive and jojoba oils are good ones to use for that.

Since the hole is already closed, vitamin E massages will help tremendously.

They can't hurt.

how long and intense should i be massaging for? is this more of a gentle massage or should i use lots of pressure to really get that oil in?

Be gentle with your ear, but not...butterfly landing gentle, if you know what I mean. 5-10 minutes once or twice a day.

Don't hurt yourself, but give it a good serious rubbing if it's totally healed. You want to manipulate the tissue under the skin. Do it as long as you can, maybe while watching tv or something.

on the topic of rubbing ears...

i wasn't paying attention to how long i was massaging emu oil on my right ear the other day. since my ears are still healing from the stretch up to 6g, they're still in the shrinking stage. when i realized i'd been rubbing my ear for 10 minutes and went to put my plug back in, it almost didn't go!

that right there is a sure sign that massage works, if there ever was one.

sorry to bring up this old topic but i figured instead of making a new post i would just ask here. I was wondering if it is possible to repierce my ear in the same place with a smaller gauge and if a studio could do this for me.

They can. Just tell em what you want, and that you've been pierced there before, so they'll know to expect scar tissue, if there's any.

+ Reply to Thread