+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: There's a ball in my lip...

There's a ball in my lip...

So I've had my lip piercing for around a month and it healed fine. Today though I tried to move it and it was stuck. I started to freak out because I felt a hard ball right next to the piercing. I took the ring out and then i felt the hard ball again, but it moved to the hole from my piercing. I'm freaking out here!! its a moving hard ball in m lip, can anybody help me out? what the hell is it and how can i get rid of it??? [img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

Re: There's a ball in my lip...

It could be some scar tissue. But if it is ball shaped it might be a little abcess. I would recommend not taking your jewellery out any more, a month isn't really long enough for a lip piercing to be fully healed and you will be aggravating it. If you leave the jewellery in and baby it a bit if it is an abcess it should drain itself. If you are worried go and see your piercer.

If it is scar tissue then you can work on breaking it down after the piercing is fully healed.
    Current: 7/16" lobes, 16g daith, 16g tragus, 18g double nostrils, 16g septum, 14g vertical nipples, 14g navel, 8g VCH
    Retired: 14g horizontal nipples, 8g navel, 16g rook, 16g helix, 16g second lobes, 2 chest microdermals

hey thanks. apparently its the cartilegde(sp??) or something like that. i took out my piercing cuz i was scared lol and now its closed. [:-bigeyes] oh well. i was thinking...should i get a monroe? :|

there is no cart. in your lip, just soft tissue. Keep an eye on it if it has closed. If you do have an abcess in there it won't have anywhere to drain. If the lump gets any bigger now I would recommend going to a doctor and letting them take a look.
    Current: 7/16" lobes, 16g daith, 16g tragus, 18g double nostrils, 16g septum, 14g vertical nipples, 14g navel, 8g VCH
    Retired: 14g horizontal nipples, 8g navel, 16g rook, 16g helix, 16g second lobes, 2 chest microdermals

I read this topic + was thinking 'duuuuuh, of course there's a ball in your lip'

then I realized you actually meant IN your lip...offt.

Is it sore when you touch it? Is it sensitive?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by smile

there is no cart. in your lip, just soft tissue. Keep an eye on it if it has closed. If you do have an abcess in there it won't have anywhere to drain. If the lump gets any bigger now I would recommend going to a doctor and letting them take a look.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    yeah i know theres no cart. but my friend said it's like the same concept like with the belly rings and eyebrow and ears. The hole has closed now and its just a hard ball sitting at the hole. It's not irritating or anything and it feels a bit smaller then before. Should I get my lip repierced or just stick a ring back in? Thats what everyone else is telling me to do, but I actually wanna repierce it on the other side...so it doesnt hurt. :|[img]images/speech/icon_speech_oops.gif[/img]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Kari Rose

I read this topic + was thinking 'duuuuuh, of course there's a ball in your lip'

then I realized you actually meant IN your lip...offt.

Is it sore when you touch it? Is it sensitive?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    haha. And no it's not sensitive at all. It just feels disgusting lol.

If its closed then its closed and you dont need to shove anythign into it. I have no clue what you're talking about with cart and other random piercings. Its probably scar tissue or some sort of abcess. Do sea salk soaks for a while and see what happens. If its still there try to massage it down with daily massages, or if it gets bigger or harder go to the doctor. Its up to you what you pierce next, just dont repierece that hole until this issue is solved.
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

alright thanks for the advice. idk my mom said its just gonna stay there now. everyone told me i just should've left it in, but i think i'll take you guy's advice instead lol! [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] where can I get sea salt or w/e from?

Wal-mart, Kroger, Publix ect... make sure its pure sea salt though, you dont want any additives
    ~Ann
    Forum Rules
    How to Stretch
    Before asking to get into the umodded section PLEASE ensure you meet all requirements. If you meet the requirements I will grant you access, if not I will ask that you to read the requirements. I will totally judge you if you ask me for permission and don't meet them.

+ Reply to Thread