+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: if i gauge my ears will they grow back.

Re: if i gauge my ears will they grow back.

It's a matter of educating how you can -- it's a sad day when people think it's just not worth it.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

i never hear it.. i only read it on this forum. the people i usually hang out with are well educated on the subject. they also know better cause i will shank them...

from what i've been reading, "gauging" is used more in britain. honestly, though, people it's semantics.

besides, as someone who frequently makes up her own words for things including "asstrocious" and "do you want me to cheeseify your sandwich?" i would be the first to get out my pitchfork and go mob the language police.

There are several uses of gauge as a verb that mean "to adapt something to a specified measurement." It is often used that way in masonry. Although that usage seems more synonymous with "calibrate" than with "stretch."

Just to be clear that this usage of the word, grammatically, could be correct--especially insofar as words are very elastic when dealing with practices, such as piercing, which are still in the process of entering mainstream discourse.

If we were truly interested in finding an authoritative term, I would think it would make more sense to look to those indigenous cultures that stretched holes in their bodies much farther than most of us, and most of our professionals, ever will.

I think this situation has more to do with scene politics than with the dictionary.

preach on haha

WHenever I hear someone say gauge I kind of wince inside, but it really doesn't matter.

to the OP stretched to a 12 it most likely will, stretched to a 6 possibly but maybe not. It's a very personal thing and depends on alot of factors. I have heard of three inch ears going back to 1/2 inch so anything is possible but stretching should be looked at as a permanent thing and should be gone into with that mindset. If it doesn't go back you should be able to live with that forever

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by infernalmachine

from what i've been reading, "gauging" is used more in britain. honestly, though, people it's semantics. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Oooooh no, the British also get pissed off at this. And by that I don't just mean me. [:-crazy]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by infernalmachine

from what i've been reading, "gauging" is used more in britain. honestly, though, people it's semantics.

besides, as someone who frequently makes up her own words for things including "asstrocious" and "do you want me to cheeseify your sandwich?" i would be the first to get out my pitchfork and go mob the language police.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

im pretty sure the brits go by mm and not by the gauges [:-cowboy]

lol, they do. damn millimetres... anyway, i've seen it used most often by people in australia / britain ... and since it doesn't matter one bit to me, it is not with offense in mind that i say this. just my observations in general.

there are bigger things in the world to care about than insisting someone use the proper term for something.

this is very true... i think we have a winner here [^]

+ Reply to Thread